Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

It's your argument that's the circular one!

If you really and truly feel you want to take your bat-and-ball home off the park, you're perfectly entitled to do so.

Doing so does not make your premise any less wrong, incidentally.

All your questions have already been answered by me and because you disagree with me does not make you right.

A debate is about putting opinions forward and hearing others opinions on the subject. Sometimes there is never agreement.

Why are you continuing to argue with Harvey? It's clear he's got some kind of twisted logic in his brain (like so many posters). It's pointless to argue with someone who claims they've answered a direct question when all they've done is deflected it entirely...

If I hadn't already accused someone else of that this week I'd say he was trolling (but fairly cleverly).

He's certainly got a seriously flawed view of the universe.

Just to clarify, this has been Harvey's argument since about page 4:

Statement: Getting married is for men and women.

Why?

Because gay people have civil partnership.

Why?

Because getting married is for men and women.

Answer the question.

I already have answered it...

And around and around we go.

The crux of Harvey's argument revolves around the (bizarre) fact that men and women are different. Although the definition of different has clearly been plucked from the ether as the comparison is baffling.

The same can be said of a lot of straight couples, as well as those who adopt. Besides, in the majority of cases where assisted conception/surrogacy is used, the child will be genetically related to one of the same sex parents.
Yes, ONE of them. So we have established that same sex couples do not create life - male/female couplings do.

Yes, ONE of them. So we have established that same sex couples do not create life - male/female couplings do.

They do and they can in the same way that many straight couples do. If you're arguing Darwinian principles then many straight couples have been 'deselected' to procreate and with modern medicine and surrogacy are able to quite successfully. There is also an increasing number of male/female couplings who do not procreate for a variety of reasons. Are their marriages 'shameful' too?

Archived