Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Sex is usually defined by a man inserting his 'thing' into the woman's 'thing'.

It seems some people wish to change that definition for their own agenda.

Actually, plenty of straight men like inserting their thing into the woman's other 'thing'. That's still sex, and because it's between a man and woman, presumably it's still 'straight'. Are they risking the end of humanity as well?

Marriage is between man and woman. It's always been like this and hopefully will remain so.

The Cardinal speaks sense.

The Cardinal is shrieking hysterically in an attempt to frighten Catholics and bully them into political action against LGBT people. 'Sense' is the least applicable word I'd use to describe his hyperventilating hyperbole.

Marriage is between man and woman. It's always been like this and hopefully will remain so.

The fact that a word is defined as X now, is not a good argument for saying that it should only ever be defined as X. Words do change their meanings over time.

What reason do you have for wishing to deny a gay couple the right to get married?

Not it isn't. Penetrative vaginal sex is defined by a man inserting his penis (we can use these words, being adults ;) ) into the vagina. There are many other forms of sexual copulation.

The Cardinal speaks sense.

Oh look, a compelling argument to rival Harvey19's !

It seems some people wish to change that definition for their own agenda.

You seem to have masterful knowledge of the art of sex. Do you also let your partner sleep in the wet patch when you're finished? They love that don't they :help:

Aleksandr

I have a couple of questions.

My I ask exactly what your own stance on gay marriage is?

Are you a Christian?

When you say 'others' would kill gays are you referring to other religions?

A. Gay marriage doesn't bother me - simple as that. I have a neutral point of view. I don't see it as anything to get upset about, but then, I don't see it as anything to get excited about either! :D

B. No, I am not a Christian.

C. Yes, I was referring to other religions, although as someone else has pointed out, there are 'Christians' who kill gays, and other Christians for that matter; mostly in other countries though, hey. :)

Well said :hihi:

It's a case of do as I say, not as I do

If gay people want to get married, then why shouldn't they be allowed? Gay marriages would probably last longer than straight marriages anyway.

It's straight people that have gay children!

Probably? What evidence do you have to support that claim? Bizarre!

Probably? What evidence do you have to support that claim? Bizarre!

Which claim are you querying? That gay marriages would last longer - I don't think there's any valid reason to believe that, or that straight people have gay children which is undeniably true?

Archived