Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Legislation would change the criteria.

Opinions do not necessarily change.

It's legislation that allow people to marry though, not opinions. So after the legislation is changed, would you consider a same sex couple that has gone through a legal marriage ceremony to be married?

Legislation would change the criteria.

Opinions do not necessarily change.

But according to you, the reason behind your opinion "marriage is for a man and woman" is that "marriage is for a man and woman" as well as some weird notion that marriage is about sex.

But according to you, the reason behind your opinion "marriage is for a man and woman" is that "marriage is for a man and woman" as well as some weird notion that marriage is about sex.

You are creating a circular argument.

I have clearly explained myself.

I do not consider contaminating is appropriate to describe my view on changes to marriage.

Inappropriate is how I see it.

Yes I would celebrate a couple pledging themselves to each other in whatever form it took.

Why do you consider a civil partnership something not to be proud of ?

Do you consider a register office wedding inferior to a church wedding ?

Personally I disagree with the concept of marriage, but that's for another thread.

Church, civil, registry. Just little boxes to assign to people. Judging on what qualification you're assigned to based on sex/gender is discriminatory .

Yes, of course I would.

So you'd consider them to legally married, but you think they shouldn't be allowed to marry because marriage is for men and women, even though at that stage same sex couples can marry?

Classic Hogic!

You do know that you're are not Mr Spock and I am not a power crazy computer that has taken over the USS Enterprise?

Archived