Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

I am not going to repeat again what I have recently posted.

The law can be changed to anything within reason, so can you give me one good reason as to why the law cannot ignore the differences between homosexuals and heterosexuals and allow them the same rights of marriage?

Or does, sadly we can't always have everything we want in life, become the final say in the matter?

I think as bad as harvey19's arguments are, it is good to see that there is no solid argument against it. A circular "they're different, just accept they're different" argument isn't going to prove the best defence.

I have much more respect for out-and-out homophobia. At least then it's an honest argument. This endless round and round dribble is insulting to everyone's intelligence.

But it is not homophobia to realise people are different.

A man and woman are different.

And all I see from those who want to legalise marriage between homosexual couples is,

They have it so why can't we even though we don't fit the criteria.

No, all you hear from the other side is:

It's wrong to treat people differently because of their sexuality

The law can be changed to anything within reason, so can you give me one good reason as to why the law cannot ignore the differences between homosexuals and heterosexuals and allow them the same rights of marriage?

Or does, sadly we can't always have everything we want in life, become the final say in the matter?

But why should the law be changed when there is seperate legislation to fit different criteria ?

I think as bad as harvey19's arguments are, it is good to see that there is no solid argument against it. A circular "they're different, just accept they're different" argument isn't going to prove the best defence.

I have much more respect for out-and-out homophobia. At least then it's an honest argument. This endless round and round dribble is insulting to everyone's intelligence.

I must admit that there is a certain amount of pleasure to be gained by seeing the anti same sex marriages brigade squirm with each reply. The ironic thing is it's going to happen in the next 2-3 years, allowing civil partnership was just the start of the process that will end with full rights of marriage, of that I'm sure.

But it is not homophobia to realise people are different.

I don't doubt you. You seem fair. Your arguments are terrible though, being different is no reason to deny anyone a marriage, but you stick with it if you wish. ;)

-------------

The Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans ( :gag: ) were on tv this morning, arguing against gay marriage as incrementalism - that they only agreed to civil partnership because they thought that'd be the end of the problem.

The obvious flaw in that is that it's only incrementalism because they fought against it - if they'd've let them just have marriage a few years ago there wouldn't be a need for a second step. Their own stance created the situation they are now trying to use as a defence.

Archived