Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Not much so much of a debate really; you've failed to provide anything approaching a halfway decent rationale for your anti - gay attitude other than to maintain that they are 'different' and mustn't be allowed to marry because they're 'different'.

There is nothing anti gay in my attitude or arguments.

Just plain facts, which some posters choose to ignore.

Simple question, Is a man different to a woman ?

So what you are saying is that straight couples should be disbarred from having a civil ceremony, and should be forced to have a religious ceremony (whether or not they are religious?)

And by that token, Same-sex couples can only have civil ceremonies, not religious, even if they have a religious faith?

Registrar office marriages.

There is nothing anti gay in my attitude or arguments.

Just plain facts, which some posters choose to ignore.

Simple question, Is a man different to a woman ?

You've so far refused to answer my simple question;

Is a black person different to a white person.

So why should we answer yours?

You didn't answer this question and still haven't.

Are black people different to white people.

Yes it is.

I don't ignore it, I say that this is just justification for your discrimination.

Nobody has claimed they are the same.

This is not relevant to marriage though.

Potentially they can, depending on a whole lot of additional factors, but this is completely irrelevant to marriage.

Yes they can, we simply change the law and it's done.

Black people are a different colour to white people.

A black man is a different gender to a black or white woman.

This debate is not about colour but gender.

I find the rest of your answers flawed and a way to justify your position without objectively considering all factors.

Marriage is an ancient institution to bring together man and woman as husband and wife.

Denying that right to black people, or fat people, or ginger people would be discrimination. A black man and woman or a ginger man and woman have the same right, as they should (even the gingers). Because they are man and woman.

If a 'couple' who are not man and woman wish to be together, then that's fine and nobody is stopping them, but they aren't man and woman so they cannot and become man and wife. Let them be 'person and person' under a civil partnership.

Let us change the definition so remove the discrimination instead.

harvey19 has found a snug little corner to defend his views, and his shields seem to be a base truth and endless tautology. Men and women are different, that is true. Men and women marry, that is true.

That doesn't conclude that gay people shouldn't marry though.