Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

A question about same-sex marriage is irrelevant to a debate about same-sex marriage? :)

I'll have another go, see if you're willing to move out of your snug corner a bit.

If a same-sex couple were to marry in another country, and then move to England, would they be married or not? Yes or no question.

And the answer is that the rules of another country are different to ours therefore I do not know the legal position.

An answer to my question would be appreciated.

We're talking about the legal status of being married though, that shouldn't discriminate. If people don't want to accept it as marriage from a personal point of view then that is up to them.

No it shouldn't and the church should begin to recognise that people do not rely on the 'good book' for answers as much as they once did.

People are unnaccepting of same sex marriage and as you rightly say they are entitled to their point of view. Equally they are entitled to voice it without being labelled as discriminitory or homophobic. The point of view is based on their personal beliefs in marriage and or the Bible.

Edited by Tsar Chasm
spelling error

I have explained the difference between Different and Discrimination many times and given relevant examples.

Open your mind and see things from both sides instead of having a fixed agenda.

You haven't explained a difference at all, you've attempted to justify discrimination using difference. What you seem to fail to realise is that discrimination can only exist when there is a difference.

You've nearly got me convinced that you don't actually understand what discrimination means.

The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things

Not allowing marriage due to a difference is discrimination.

the difficulty is you're one ex muslim according to your holy book:suspect:

Islam considers same-sex marriages to be invalid, therefore homosexual activity is extra-marital and Islam forbids all sexual activity outside of marriage. Therefore, homosexual acts are considered to be sinful. More specifically, Islam forbids "lewdness" between men and between women, as well as between men and women who are not married to each other (Holy Qur'an, 4:16-17).

In addition, numerous hadith of the Holy Prophet condemns male-male sodomy (both the insertor and the insertee) as being hateful in the sight of God and punishable by death. This position against homosexuality supports the Islamic teaching of chastity and of the sanctity of sex within marriage.

do ye come unto the males, And leave the wives your Lord created for you ? Nay, but ye are froward folk.--26:165-6

Homosexual acts are condemned as unnatural. (Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you?) 7:80-81

Male homosexual activities are condemned as unnatural. 26:165-6

Male homosexuals commit abominations and act senselessly. 27:54-55

Male homosexuals acts are condemned as unnatural. 29:28-29

how am I am Ex-Muslim?

No it shouldn't and the church should begin to recognise that people do not rely on the 'good book' for answers as much as they once did.

The church should keep out of what is a secular issue IMO.

People are unnaccepting of same sex marriage and as you rightly say they are entitled to their point of view. Equally they are entitled to voice it without being labelled as discriminitory or homophobic. The point of view is based on their personal beliefs in marriage and or the Bible.

The basis for their point of view is irrelevant, it is discriminatory and they are being homophobic. The fact that it's the bible that tells them to believe that doesn't alter what it is.

And the answer is that the rules of another country are different to ours therefore I do not know the legal position.

That isn't a yes or no. Very very easy question.

A third go, then I'm out. I can only kick water up an hill for so long.

If a same-sex couple were to marry in another country, and then move to England, would they be married or not?
Yes or no?

You haven't explained a difference at all, you've attempted to justify discrimination using difference. What you seem to fail to realise is that discrimination can only exist when there is a difference.

You've nearly got me convinced that you don't actually understand what discrimination means.

Not allowing marriage due to a difference is discrimination.

I can't be bothered to repeat myself again, but please realise discrimination is when like people are tret differently.

People are unnaccepting of same sex marriage and as you rightly say they are entitled to their point of view. Equally they are entitled to voice it without being labelled as discrimitory or homophobic. The point of view is based on their personal beliefs in marriage and or the Bible.

But, as I said, it is discriminatory if you want to impose those views on others. It matters not what the personal beliefs are. They might be the reason, but they are not an excuse.