Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

The church should keep out of what is a secular issue IMO.

The basis for their point of view is irrelevant, it is discriminatory and they are being homophobic. The fact that it's the bible that tells them to believe that doesn't alter what it is.

:) ok but for the record I do not see an opinion on this issue as anything other than an opinion.

The discrimination comes from a supposedly more learned source and this only to legitimise antiquated religious beliefs that have governed us for centuries.

The basis for their point of view is irrelevant, it is discriminatory and they are being homophobic. The fact that it's the bible that tells them to believe that doesn't alter what it is.

Labeling people as being homophobic and discriminatory is a pathetic tactic to try and reinforce your point.

There is no discrimination or homophobia attached to this argument.

That isn't a yes or no. Very very easy question.

A third go, then I'm out. I can only kick water up an hill for so long.

If a same-sex couple were to marry in another country, and then move to England, would they be married or not?
Yes or no?

I do not know if the ceremony was considered legal or relevant in this country.

Honest answer.

Interesting how long this post has run, and the amount of views. The wide gap between the party's. I wonder if anyone knows how many people will take up the option when it's available. What is the % of gay and lesibian in the UK.and Also which other countries allow this already?

Anyone got any facts

But, as I said, it is discriminatory if you want to impose those views on others. It matters not what the personal beliefs are. They might be the reason, but they are not an excuse.

Agreed. I think its unfair for an institution such as the church to try to persuade us all that marriage should remain as a man and woman affair.

Interesting how long this post has run, and the amount of views. The wide gap between the party's. I wonder if anyone knows how many people will take up the option when it's available. What is the % of gay and lesibian in the UK.and Also which other countries allow this already?

Anyone got any facts

Facts! No one mentioned anything about getting facts when I joined up.

I do not know if the ceremony was considered legal or relevant in this country.

If it wasn't legal they wouldn't be married. Another avoidance tactic.

Bob and Paul are Canadian, and married in 2008. They move to Sheffield for work, and Bob meets harvey19 through their shared love of fly fishing.

"I'm married to a man," says Bob.

A. harvey replies "No you're not. Two men can't marry."

B. or harvey replies "Lovely. Two men can marry."

Which is it?

I think there should be a referendum on whether the rules relating to marriage should stay constant or be changed.

There were no proposed changes to marriage in the coalitions manifesto before the election therefore in something as fundamental as this the majority should be able to decide.

Pressure groups will be able to influence the voters.