Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

The Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales is intensifying its campaign against the government's plan to legalise same-sex marriage.

[...] Last week Cardinal Keith O'Brien, the leader of the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland, said the "grotesque" plans would "shame the United Kingdom in the eyes of the world" if implemented.

The shame - my favourite part of this awful sh*te - from an institution as morally bankrupt as the Catholic Church.

The Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales is intensifying its campaign against the government's plan to legalise same-sex marriage.

[...] Last week Cardinal Keith O'Brien, the leader of the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland, said the "grotesque" plans would "shame the United Kingdom in the eyes of the world" if implemented.

The shame - my favourite part of this awful sh*te - from an institution as morally bankrupt as the Catholic Church.

I like this quote from your link:

Roman Catholics have a duty to make sure it does not happen.

I find it telling that the Cardinal feels that this should be a high priority in a Roman Catholics life.

The way the Catholic Church has endeavoured to encourage it's membership to lobby on various political matters recently makes it seem more like a political party than a religion. Perhaps it is time to question the Church's charitable status.