Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

I believe the law does not currently recognise fish to fish relationships, no matter what the gender. Perhaps we should start an e-pettition to ask the Government to allow same-species marriage as well as same sex marriage?

I have seen fish in a tank following other fish, I wonder if this is a sign that they are a couple ? I don't think they will be bothered what their union is referred to, maybe fish love.

You've not really put any forward, that's why. You've given us tautology and base truth.

Finish this, it's easy.

Two men should not be allowed to marry because ...

If you can do it without saying "because they have civil partnership" I'll give you a prize.

I won't as the prize may be a days fly fishing with Bob and Paul !

You keep ignoring the basic argument I have put forward several times.

I don't think I've actually seen an argument that makes sense.

To keep repeating that men and women are different is not an argument that supports different legal status for a union of a couple.

Would it make you happy if a man was classed the same as a woman and we ignore the biological differences ?

In law, yes it would, and generally that is the case.

Would it make you happy if the word marriage was removed from use ?

Not particularly, why would you suggest that?

You've not really put any forward, that's why. You've given us tautology and base truth.

Finish this, it's easy.

Two men should not be allowed to marry because ...

If you can do it without saying "because they have civil partnership" I'll give you a prize.

You'll force him to go to his alternative, "they can't procreate".

Actually, no:

Well, one problem at a time, once marriage is available to all we can start a petition to make civil partnership available to all, or abolish it (I suppose the problem then is what happens to the people who have gone through it).

A man and woman are different to a man and man or woman and woman.

If a man and man were tret differently to a woman and woman that would be discrimination as the homosexual pairs are in same gender partnerships.

The hetrosexual pair is made up of different gender people.

Different types of partnerships by fundamental gender difference.

Being treat differently due to innate difference (sexual preference) is discrimination. I've shown you the definition of discrimination, how can you in good conscience claim that this statement is untrue?

Well, one problem at a time, once marriage is available to all we can start a petition to make civil partnership available to all, or abolish it (I suppose the problem then is what happens to the people who have gone through it).

Never ending problems.

Time to start a new thread.

Being treat differently due to innate difference (sexual preference) is discrimination. I've shown you the definition of discrimination, how can you in good conscience claim that this statement is untrue?

Not sexual preference but gender is the crucial difference.

This isn't getting the grass cut.

Archived