Absent father now wants to see my daughter

he more than likely will ... but you'll be the one she knows she can turn to - the one whos been there all her life ..... you've got the bond he'll never have - time to get rid of the cotton wool :) she'll be ok xx

ere thee! im the dear deirdre on ere!:hihi:

hi he,s not a dad he is a **** . he needs to grow up . you can,t just go into her life one day and not the next week . my father was in my life til i was 8 then did see him til i was 25 and his nob of a friend said i should talk to him . i could believe it crazy hey . it wasnt man enough to talk me himself . anyway the last time i spoke to him i was 8 years old . i understand your pain . be strong for your girl good luck ta jeff

Maybe if you explain everything as it is to her and advise her that it is your version of events perhaps you could then advise her to get his version of events to make up her own mind. If you can show her that he has never paid a penny and how you encouraged him to visit then when she meets him she will know that everything he says otherwise is a lie. Would point out that the title of the thread could be a bit provocative as it is actually his daughter as well although you might feel justified in thinking otherwise.

It might be a good idea to show her this thread; when you talk, emotions can run high and you can say and do things that come across differently to how you want. On here, you've thought about what you want to write and showed just how much you care and love your daughter, so it might be a lot clearer reading it than listening. I wish you well hun, FWIW I think you're doing the best you can and your daughter will one day realise you're motive was to protect and not hinder :)

Archived