Brentford vs Blades

canadablade

Ched certainly has found his level

I suppose you could say that about most of the players in this god-awful pub league, we are all here because we couldn't hack it in the Championship, would the likes of Evans, Madine, Rhodes, etc. still be able to stick the ball in the back of the net 20-30 times a season, we will, hopefully from a Sheffield point of view, shall see..

That's the worrying thing, plain and simple no. Its all well and good Ched saying he wants to stay, but when it comes to someone else offering to double his wages or pay the club an amount of money they can't refuse, he will be gone, it might be football to all of us fans, but to the board it is all a business. There is also the worry that if we do gain promotion will he be able to step up to that division and keep scoring goals...

thats the thing i was thinking about tbh, granted cheds knocking em in but i dont see any goals coming from anybody else really, like rhodes at hudders.

we dont have a massive goal scorer, onbviously madine was top scorer for a while for us before he got injured, now hes just getting back into it, o grady seems to have taken on his mantle tho, then lowe, jj and others are knocking in one or two, antonio seems to be grabbing a fair few now

just wondering which is the best scenario, like i said if ched does get injured or if he does get poached by a higher placed team will your goal scoring vanish? or is it better for us to not knock so many in but theyre coming from all over the shop....then again 7 in 2 matches aint too bad for us lol

thats the thing i was thinking about tbh, granted cheds knocking em in but i dont see any goals coming from anybody else really, like rhodes at hudders.

we dont have a massive goal scorer, onbviously madine was top scorer for a while for us before he got injured, now hes just getting back into it, o grady seems to have taken on his mantle tho, then lowe, jj and others are knocking in one or two, antonio seems to be grabbing a fair few now

just wondering which is the best scenario, like i said if ched does get injured or if he does get poached by a higher placed team will your goal scoring vanish? or is it better for us to not knock so many in but theyre coming from all over the shop....then again 7 in 2 matches aint too bad for us lol

But we still have Beattie :hihi::hihi:

I suppose you could say that about most of the players in this god-awful pub league, we are all here because we couldn't hack it in the Championship, would the likes of Evans, Madine, Rhodes, etc. still be able to stick the ball in the back of the net 20-30 times a season, we will, hopefully from a Sheffield point of view, shall see..

Obviously I've not seen much of Evans and Rhodes, but their goal tallies suggest they could, although Evans has not done so previously in his career. Rhodes has never played in the Championship but you would have thought his knack of scoring goals would be suited to the next level up at least.

Madine's attitude will be his downfall, hopefully D Jones can sort that out and we will start to see him playing well consistantly

Makes you wonder what the league would have looked like if Madine didn't pick up the injury, would you have maybe picked up some points from the games you lost??? And as for Ched, without him this season we wouldn't even be in the play-offs i think, and i find that very worrying, what happens if he picks up an injury now with automatic promotion looking possible, we would be lucky to stay in a play-off place. Its been bad enough losing MacDonald as the main feeder for Ched, and there is no way Cresswell can pick the scoring if Ched was out..

Obviously I've not seen much of Evans and Rhodes, but their goal tallies suggest they could, although Evans has not done so previously in his career. Rhodes has never played in the Championship but you would have thought his knack of scoring goals would be suited to the next level up at least.

Madine's attitude will be his downfall, hopefully D Jones can sort that out and we will start to see him playing well consistantly

Yeah, Rhodes has been pretty awesome this season, 33 goals is nothing to be sniffed at and i was very suprised no-body came sniffing after him in the transfer window. Hopefully Ched has learned a lot this season and the goals he has scored have given him the confidence to step up to the Championship, as long as he has someone to give him the service he requires. Agree with the Madine comment, hopefully DJ can remind him he is playing in, effectively, the 3rd tier of English football. As i said in another topic, its a travesty that both Sheffield clubs are in this tin pot league and not battling in the higher leagues and the sooner we can both get back up there the better....

Yeah, Rhodes has been pretty awesome this season, 33 goals is nothing to be sniffed at and i was very suprised no-body came sniffing after him in the transfer window. Hopefully Ched has learned a lot this season and the goals he has scored have given him the confidence to step up to the Championship, as long as he has someone to give him the service he requires. Agree with the Madine comment, hopefully DJ can remind him he is playing in, effectively, the 3rd tier of English football. As i said in another topic, its a travesty that both Sheffield clubs are in this tin pot league and not battling in the higher leagues and the sooner we can both get back up there the better....

Apprently Madine arrested again last night, what a **** if true

Archived