Tea Gardens Pub Grimesthorpe Road

My cousin Rodney Turton and his wife Ann ran this pub in the late 1970s. We called a few times and the place was spotless and comfortable.It was also busy.....the good old days....who would buy a pub today?

Did they have two barmaids ,Rose and LIly?

• 6 years later...

I lived in the same Ellesmere area as the Tea Gardens (Tea pot to locals) for the first forty years of my life and never knew there was an old one and a new one, just the shell of a building that's been opposite the bottom

of the old Danville Street since the 1870's.

e

• 1 year later...

I thought that the old pub was just extended to make the pub larger & was still in the same place as it always was? I used to play pool for the Tea Pot when Keith Pawson was the landlord & what a great landlord he was, I heard he had passed away a while ago. 

18 hours ago, alf1956 said:

I thought that the old pub was just extended to make the pub larger & was still in the same place as it always was? I used to play pool for the Tea Pot when Keith Pawson was the landlord & what a great landlord he was, I heard he had passed away a while ago. 

Yes he did,a couple of years ago.It was known a the Sarcens Head years ago.