Lambretta Motor Scooters

Trouble with scooters just dont last long 1st kid had to move to bike and side car (Single) then child adult, double adult if if kept on having kids at the rate i was going I'd be looking for a Cheap bus

i lived on the manor back in the seventies,i had an sx 200 my pride and joy it used to do about 55mph flat out on the parkway,someone told me if i had it bored out to 225 and a bigger carb put on i would get 65mph so i worked all the overtime in the steelworks and had it done,i picked up my sx from armanddos,got it on the parkway opened it up and it done 50mph flat out got shut after that,never got over the trauma.

Must've looked like this. I'm the little one..:)

I never had a Lambretta but I did have a BSA Sunbeam. Nice little job, went all over on it. Cost me £25 in 1968..:)

that looks like one of my side cars pulled by either a sunbeam S8 or a ariel big 4 on long road trips my wife would change nappys from the bake seat of the bike:D:D:D

My first was a LD 125? and my second was a TV175.

Used to ride occasionally with a club which operated out of a boozer at (can't remember the name of the district, up the hill from Heeley, towards Norton; would it be Meadowhead?) Sorry, well it is 50 odd years ago.

Mike

I had a Tv 175 Lambretta scooter, I know it was the first year they appeared on the Uk market, I think it was 1960.

Armando the Italian mechanic worked out of a lock up garage on a backstreet off Whitworth road.

NMaybe someonre could jog my memory about the year?

Happy Days! PopT

I had a Tv 175 Lambretta scooter, I know it was the first year they appeared on the Uk market, I think it was 1960.

Armando the Italian mechanic worked out of a lock up garage on a backstreet off Whitworth road.

Maybe someone could jog my memory about the year?

Happy Days! PopT

Armando moved out of his original workshop, due to compulsory purchase, to his purpose built premises on Randall Street, which is now run by his 2 sons, Gino and Guido. Unfortunately Armando died suddenly at his home in Italy on the 15/12/2011.