Lambretta Motor Scooters

Sorry not a scooter fan although I did know Ravi and Armando as good friends,

Lambrettas were good scooters but the Vespas were a bit faster and more reliable, I can remember the sea side trips we would go flying past the scooters on our motor bikes, they were usually slowed down by all the mirrors and lights on them and the billowing parkers they used to drive around in,on the way back home most of them would be on the side of the road with the side panels off with a bunch of mods looking at them, we would shout has the rubber band come off mate.:D

Bought my TV175 on 22nd July 1961 from Walter Wragg on Gibraltar Street and had it for three years.. 'Now that's a good memory' I hear you say. Well it's helped by the payment book I have just dug out of my archives!

I was 17 and worked in the offices at Firth Browns. Took a second job on Saturdays at John Banners down Attercliffe in order to pay the H.P. .. Well worth it. The colour was glacier blue and I had a blue dual seat fitted, windscreen and spare wheel and carrier. Have a number of 'photos. For the era, my favourite vehicle ever!

Recently made contact with two workmates from Firth Browns after nearly 50 years! We all had Lambrettas. Didn't know at that time that most accidents happen near home. Thought nothing of nipping down to the mates in protective clothing of T Shirt , Jeans and Carpet Slippers!

Regards, Peter.

Edited by PeterR
further memories.

My first was a LD 125? and my second was a TV175.

Used to ride occasionally with a club which operated out of a boozer at (can't remember the name of the district, up the hill from Heeley, towards Norton; would it be Meadowhead?) Sorry, well it is 50 odd years ago.

]Woodseats The Big Tree before that the Travelers on the moor.

the Sheffield Lambretta Club [THE CUTLERS]

Sorry to hear that Armando had passed on.

I used to chat to him before he started up in business when he worked at the Spring Shop at the Grimesthorpe Works of River Don works.

He was a great bloke, he will be missed.

R.I.P. Armando

Good Memories, Popt