Lambretta Motor Scooters

Seven Hills Scooter Club runs out of The Sheaf on Bramall Lane meets every Wednesday at 19.30

Also organise regular music night Ska etc

Can be found on Face Book if anyones interested

seven hills christmas do tomorrow night (8.12.12.) at the embassy club mansfield road.....loads of top scooter tunes all night,3 quid entry all proceeds go to kids hospital .....

I had a couple of Lambrettas,1st one I bought private,always had trouble with clutch cable coming loose,had to tighten it with allen keys(bad idea) Then I bought a new one from a scooter shop up West St.can't for life of me think what the shop was called.

hi I brought a Li 150 from south anston about 1970 my mate took me over after school to fetch it . first time I`d driven one a long way so I was going along in 2nd gear my mate got fed up and shot off .burnt piston out at handsworth and had to push it home to cliffe. dad was well happy 50quid down the pan he went on. mum just glad to see me home. any way 2months later and a few quid to syd smiths on cliffe for rebore and new pistons back on the road again took me all over mablethorpe work every day swd and then shiregreen when we got moved there 72. when coming home from girlfriends Tinsley one winter night I drop it on ice coming round shiregreen club bend must have ended up outside club cause I remember coming to as then where putting me in ambulance and remember one comment of he`s no chance. but 3weeks in hospital and still around today but that was last of scooters. but about 6mouths ago my lad who is 30s says shall we get a lambretta and do it up.:confused::help:

• 6 months later...
I had a couple of Lambrettas,1st one I bought private,always had trouble with clutch cable coming loose,had to tighten it with allen keys(bad idea) Then I bought a new one from a scooter shop up West St.can't for life of me think what the shop was called.

Sounds like it was greys motor shop

Must've looked like this. I'm the little one..:)

I never had a Lambretta but I did have a BSA Sunbeam. Nice little job, went all over on it. Cost me £25 in 1968..:)

Do remember my #1 standing up in the single side car just holding onto the wind screen if he bobed up i could always pat him on the head back down seat belts what on earth are they??:hihi::hihi:

I think the best Lambretta model was the SX 200 they were quite fast and could be tuned for a bit more performance, think they even raced them at one time.

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 08:01 ----------

Do remember my #1 standing up in the single side car just holding onto the wind screen if he bobed up i could always pat him on the head back down seat belts what on earth are they??:hihi::hihi:

BSA sunbeam scooters were right monsters they had a big 250cc four stroke engine in them they went like stink just rubbish on handling, big ugly things they didn't sell very well they just did not look nice like the Lambrettas and Vespas of the time.

I think the best Lambretta model was the SX 200 they were quite fast and could be tuned for a bit more performance, think they even raced them at one time.

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 08:01 ----------

BSA sunbeam scooters were right monsters they had a big 250cc four stroke engine in them they went like stink just rubbish on handling, big ugly things they didn't sell very well they just did not look nice like the Lambrettas and Vespas of the time.

If i remember correct the speed of the 60?? was a "rummie" or something close to that name,I had got a N.S.U prima couldn't afford the class of the day a "Diana":love::love:

If i remember correct the speed of the 60?? was a "rummie" or something close to that name,I had got a N.S.U prima couldn't afford the class of the day a "Diana":love::love:

NSU prima was a lambretta LD model built under license in Germany by NSU.

Derkop Diana they were quite a good scooter, the best scooter to come from

Germany was the Zundapp Bella 250cc.

Edited by Shogun