Lambretta Motor Scooters

Nah,Grays was in BridgeSt.bus terminus.

only half right red ted .grays were on bridge st. however they relocated to west st certainly by may 1973 , when a friend of mine bought a lambretta gp200 from them.this machine had been traded in for a motorbike .

only half right red ted .grays were on bridge st. however they relocated to west st certainly by may 1973 , when a friend of mine bought a lambretta gp200 from them.this machine had been traded in for a motorbike .

Yep sounds about right,got mine from there round about 71/72.I actually bought it for my 1st wife when we lived on Manor,just to get her from Archdale road to S.R.Gents on East Bank road.Sounds simple enough I thought?Couple of lessons from me & away she goes.The very 1st go she had,she fell off and no matter how I tried to coax her to try again she was having none of it.I'd got it on a Friday,think I paid about £400 for it,took it back on the Monday to ask if they'd have it back off me,after explaining what had happened.This seedy looking salesman looks round it and says,'well its second hand now son,I'll give you £200 for it'.I was absolutely fuming,so on the way out of his shop I 'accidently'knocked one of his bikes over & they all went over like a stack of dominoes.:hihi:

NSU prima was a lambretta LD model built under license in Germany by NSU.

Derkop Diana they were quite a good scooter, the best scooter to come from

Germany was the Zundapp Bella 250cc.

Hey Tom i had Diana from germany but it had 250 villiers 2T engine in it i put 4T Turbo Twin in it instead.

Funny enough though cant remember any documents or badgers regarding Durkop.Think there were six of these in country when i had mine swapped it for Continental GT

The beast below

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r180/terminator_020/dianafr.jpg

Yes, a mate of mine had a Zundapp Bella it was a 250 twin, built like a tank, and went like hell, great machine.

I had Lambrettas in the 60's,and have rebuilt a SIL Lambretta GP150 (it was originally built in India) its 32 years old so I only ride it in fine weather (OK, so I'm a wimp).

Ok didn't know that, but was there not a super fast with a name something like a "rummie"??or rumy

Hey Tom i had Diana from germany but it had 250 villiers 2T engine in it i put 4T Turbo Twin in it instead.

Funny enough though cant remember any documents or badgers regarding Durkop.Think there were six of these in country when i had mine swapped it for Continental GT

The beast below

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r180/terminator_020/dianafr.jpg

OK mate,,Durkopp were a well known name in the fifties,not sure if some of the models had villiers engines in them,they even made a dynastart model.I once had a Puch Alpine scooter that was a big 250cc thing.

Yea rumi thats the one just been reading up on its history seems it was a super scooter/bike ? in some yrs ,it won all sort of race's:cool::cool::cool:

Bloody ugly as well if its one im thinking of lol

---------- Post added 10-07-2013 at 21:41 ----------

OK mate,,Durkopp were a well known name in the fifties,not sure if some of the models had villiers engines in them,they even made a dynastart model.I once had a Puch Alpine scooter that was a big 250cc thing.
No cant say as i know anything about the Durkopp really other than i know it was german lol.

Remember all others there but that,s only from doing customers machines think i only ever had 3 or 4 scooters never had much interest in them.