Poll bye bye bbc

should the bbc/tv licence be scrapped  

112 members have voted

1. 1. should the bbc/tv licence be scrapped

• yes i would like to get rid of the licence fee and bbc
    • no i would like to keep it as it is

The licence fee covers ALL of the bbc's television, national and local radio, foreign language and online services.

Lets not forget that Digital UK and Channel 4 also took a nice handful out of the licence payers monies to set up and undertake all the digital switchover.

There is more the the licence fee than what's just currently showing on BBC 1.

Im not convinced I would like a world where all I am faced with is ITV, commercial radio and murdoch influenced tabloid tv on sky.

For the sake of 39p a day per household, I will stick with the licence fee - its far cheaper than a sky subscription.

Lets not also forget that half of Sky's broadcast is rehashed bbc shows. Take a look at the UKTV network.... GOLD, DAVE etc... I bet at least half of those shows were BBC made and broadcast, endless repeats of top gear, QI, mock the week, have I got news for you etc.

Annyone who says everything the BBC broadcast is **** should spend a week watching BBC Four. Yes there'll be a lot you find uninteresting, but it's full of little gems that no other UK brodcaster would transmit.

Lets not also forget that half of Sky's broadcast is rehashed bbc shows. Take a look at the UKTV network.... GOLD, DAVE etc... I bet at least half of those shows were BBC made and broadcast, endless repeats of top gear, QI, mock the week, have I got news for you etc.

Well, UKTV is half owned by BBC Worldwide (along with Virgin Media).

Don't pay the license fee because I don't have a TV or any interest of the garbage that passes for entertainment nowadays. IT is about time this tax was removed and BBC tv was closed down.[/quote

What do u do of an evening play tiddlywinks..:hihi:

Archived