Poll bye bye bbc

should the bbc/tv licence be scrapped  

112 members have voted

1. 1. should the bbc/tv licence be scrapped

• yes i would like to get rid of the licence fee and bbc
    • no i would like to keep it as it is

Hmmm.

So the BBC now wishes to smear opponents of its hated and feared tv tax as being in need of professional help?

Why am I not in the least bit surprised?

Why is everyone the BBC if they don't agree with your weird ideas?

Like I said, you need help :)

should the channels become encrypted and a pay per view like sky, that way those who want it can buy it and the rest of us can go and use our money to buy more sky channels.

Yes, the only fair and democratic thing for the BBC to do is to become a subscription based television service provider. With todays modern technology this is easily achievable. Scramble the BBC television signals and make people pay to view.

That way, all those people who claim to love the BBCs output would be more than willing to fund it. Many of these people claim that the value of the BBC is, to them, worth far more than the measly £145.50 per year fee they currently pay, and that they would gladly pay far more to receive the likes of 'EastEnders' and 'Cash In The Attic'.

But there is a snag. The BBC is desperate to avoid any payment method for its poor quality output other than a compulsory tax on all UK properties that receive 'live' television broadcast signals.

The BBC knows only too well that the majority of its licence fee payers do so out of fear, not because they want to. The BBC would be financially sunk without its anti-equality, undemocratic tv tax. And it knows it.

Why is everyone the BBC if they don't agree with your weird ideas?

Like I said, you need help :)

I suppose that equality and fairness are 'weird ideas' to those who support the extremely regressive BBC tv tax. A tax that hurts the disadvantaged and vulnerable the most.

Interviewer seems to have a bee in his/her bonnet here and it's creating a buzz.

Why not attack the likes of BP for charging the same for fuel whether you be an 18 year old, a multi-millionaire forty-something or a 65 year old who hasn't got a penny to scratch his arse with?

Methinks you've had a rum deal with the BBC and it's time you came clean on here.

Otherwise that chip on your left shoulder might spout a brother on your right.:thumbsup:

Why not attack the likes of BP for charging the same for fuel whether you be an 18 year old, a multi-millionaire forty-something or a 65 year old who hasn't got a penny to scratch his arse with?

Why are you comparing a purveyor of low grade entertainment with transport costs? You are not comparing like with like, your argument is illogical and intended to deliberately confuse matters.

But I will play your game, if only for a little while. BP has never sent round any large men to my door, demanding entry to inspect my personal property. The BBC has.

BP does not send me extremely threatening letters demanding money with menaces. The BBC does.

Why are you comparing a purveyor of low grade entertainment with transport costs? You are not comparing like with like, your argument is illogical and intended to deliberately confuse matters.

But I will play your game, if only for a little while. BP has never sent round any large men to my door, demanding entry to inspect my personal property. The BBC has.

BP does not send me extremely threatening letters demanding money with menaces. The BBC does.

So, you got into trouble for not paying your TV Licence. Man up and get over it :)

Iv been watching a few video's on youtube about tv licensing.

My question is, what law says you have to have a license to watch TV? I mean. I know there is an ACT on it. But no law?

Another thing is. If you refuse entry to your property and you don't tell them you do/don't have a TV. They cant prove that you do? We all know the TV Vans are a myth.

The only way I can think they can check if you have a TV is ringing up Sky/Virgin and checking but wouldn't that be invading your privacy?

Plus. If you don't watch live TV you don't need a licence correct? Surely you could just delay your TV by 5 mins and it isn't live?

I'm I missing something? :loopy:

Archived