Poll bye bye bbc

should the bbc/tv licence be scrapped  

112 members have voted

1. 1. should the bbc/tv licence be scrapped

• yes i would like to get rid of the licence fee and bbc
    • no i would like to keep it as it is

Not paying a fine which is imposed by the court is, effectively, contempt of court - and since non-custodial sentences have (obviously) been proven not to work (the fine wasn't paid!) then a jail sentence is what ensues.

What is this world coming to:hihi::hihi:

The BBC has been lying to the British public for decades in order to secure its funding. There has never been a single prosecution in a British court of law using evidence gained from TV detector vans. EVER (As revealed in a Freedom of Information request).

And how many warrants have been granted through the evidence generated by a detector van? There's not much point in offering evidence to a court saying "we caught them with our van which indicated they had a tv", when you have "we knocked on the door and they shouted back 'bog off, I'm watching eastenders' in front of two policemen".

If the BBC can lie to us about this, what else has it been lying about?

What have they lied about? The detector van adverts only ever said "we know you're watching (and what you're watching)", not that they provide a concrete piece of evidence usable in a prosecution. They don't need to, because they only need a reasonable suspicion in order to get a warrant, and once they have that, it's quite easy to find out if there's any infringing equipment on the premises, and that's what will form the basis of any conviction.

I hope you're not the idiot on youtube who keeps putting up videos of him shouting abuse at "detector vans". Detector vans which invariably aren't. My favourite one is a draw between shouting at an ITN satellite uplink van, and a BT Openreach van.

So what would be the problem for BBC to advertise a bit, I'm sure they could get more money from adverts than they do from chasing and bulling people into paying for a TV licence, God knows how much money they must spend chasing and taking people to court who don't pay, sooner or latter the BBC are going to have come to this conclusion,if more people stopped paying the licence they would have to do something,the the thing about English people is we are just to nice,can you imagine them trying knocking on some hillbilly's door in deep south America and saying you have to pay for TV licence:o

Archived