Poll bye bye bbc

should the bbc/tv licence be scrapped  

112 members have voted

1. 1. should the bbc/tv licence be scrapped

• yes i would like to get rid of the licence fee and bbc
    • no i would like to keep it as it is

Surely the bbc could use advertising to rake in all their revenues.

In turn destroying the revenues of all the other channels and the ability for the BBC to remain impartial on consumer matters (bye bye Watchdog for example).

Annyone who says everything the BBC broadcast is **** should spend a week watching BBC Four. Yes there'll be a lot you find uninteresting, but it's full of little gems that no other UK brodcaster would transmit.
Quoted for truth.

Friday nights are music nights. The film documentary series they show are excellent then just plain odd stuff where people talk about things that interest them and by osmosis it interests you.

BBC has its faults but without it the standards would be far lower

Surely the bbc could use advertising to rake in all their revenues.

People would still complain, it's bad enough we get a constant stream of Gocompare.com ads, PPI claims ads, personal injury Solicitors ads etc etc on commercial TV without the BBC starting them as well.

People would still complain, it's bad enough we get a constant stream of Gocompare.com ads, PPI claims ads, personal injury Solicitors ads etc etc on commercial TV without the BBC starting them as well.

That go compare ad drives us all insane,best part is its a crap website who would want to go there..

What do u do of an evening play tiddlywinks..:hihi:

I find it astonishing that people have so little imagination, and could not have anything to do if they didn't have a TV.

What do you think people did before TV? they were not wailing because they had nothing to do.

TV has only been present in most average housholds since the 1960s, we have not had it all that long you know.

BBC, despite cutbacks, and SKY, still broadcast; Grand National, FA Cup Final, Wimbledon, Olympics, Grand Prix (some of the races), Rugby (six nations), Euro footie championships, World Cup, 24 News, good informative internet/mobile phone site, plenty of radio...and if you look hard enough there are good dramas out there...not bad for 39p a day.

I find it astonishing that people have so little imagination, and could not have anything to do if they didn't have a TV.

What do you think people did before TV? they were not wailing because they had nothing to do.

TV has only been present in most average housholds since the 1960s, we have not had it all that long you know.

People had large families before tv, because there was nothing to do..:hihi:

We find that there is nearly always something worth watching on the BBC and even when there isn't we have a load of stuff recorded from nights when we just don't have the time to watch everything.

On the other hand I can't remember the last thing I watched on ITV.

Archived