Why do some people leave taps running in public toilets??

Fairly often in the public toilets where I work, I'll walk in, Its usually empty, and they'll be a tap running!! :confused::huh::help::loopy:

I caught someone red-handed doing it today, a guy was washing his hands and he left the tap running as he was drying his hands, then he walked out leaving the tap running.

Such perculiar people walk amongst us.

If you are responsible for the toilets, you should have told that guy off.

Maybe they're paranoid about catching stuff. Like Rampent says ^^^ loads of people have touched those taps after having a dump. If you wash your hands then turn the tap off you risk picking germs up again.

Some taps in hospitals have those things added which mean you can turn them off with your elbows, thus lessening the risk. Other are designed to be totally hands free.

I often find that I can't turn the damn thing off!

I never leave without at least trying to, but I'm not prepared to stand there for two minutes trying to figure out how the tap works. If I can't turn it off, the hell with it, I'm leaving. :hihi:

You managed to turn the blasted tap on in the first place so turning it off again isn't rocket science. Leaving the tap running is pure laziness and shows a lack of respect for both other users and the environment. :loopy::loopy:

You managed to turn the blasted tap on in the first place so turning it off again isn't rocket science. Leaving the tap running is pure laziness and shows a lack of respect for both other users and the environment. :loopy::loopy:

Some are on a timer and you can't turn them off, they turn themselves off automatically so you want to read what you are commenting on properly:loopy::loopy:

You think that that's bad ?

There's people who take a dump and just walk out without even touching the tap.

Absolutely disgusting, filthy individuals :rant:

Couldn't agree more. I've noticed this where I work, people using the loo and then walking straight out without washing their hands. And I work at the Hallamshire Hospital.:help:

I always leave the tap running. It makes sense. If you turn the tap off - you just get the same germs back. It's quite a ploy.

True, but then how do you escape the toilet room without touching the door handle?:D

True, but then how do you escape the toilet room without touching the door handle?:D

The whole point of washing your hands after defecating is an acknowledgment that you could have crap on your hands. My bet would be that the taps and door handles in public loos are a lot filthier than the loo itself.

A while back I was in a Mcdonalds and went to the loo. I was washing my hands when a toilet cubicle door opened an a guy walked straight past me and out into the restaurant.

How many people used that door after washing their hands and got his excrement on their hands after that?

Two points-

1 I have since noticed that all McDonald's doors open in towards the loos, you have to use the handles to get back into the restaurant. If they opened the other way at least you could open the door with your arm.

2 All the customers then go out and eat their food (minus cutlary) with their excrement covered hands. :gag:

Archived