Is YouTube Breaking The Law?

I believe some of the music (or rather, most) is copyrighted and available there legally. I remember sometime back, YouTube had a disagreement with someone which led to most of the music being taken offline. This was brought back online only after their differences were resolved.

I believe some of the music (or rather, most) is copyrighted and available there legally. I remember sometime back, YouTube had a disagreement with someone which led to most of the music being taken offline. This was brought back online only after their differences were resolved.

Resolved meaning a large sum of money being paid to the record labels.

pretty much everything on there is copyright, the issue is whether the material has been uploaded with the permission of the copyright owner or the owner has made it available under a licence which allows it to be uploaded by a random person.

Archived