Have you received strange PM?

The user in question is simply asking you to receive a free gift - and post a thread saying that they you be recieving it - and then review the product honestly after you have received it. Nothing underhand about it, just whether you want to participate or not. I took the time to find out the precise details, but decided against going ahead, because I didn't really want a mobile phone battery pack.

I had a look at the rules and nothing leaps out* at me as prohibiting this although I'm prepared to stand corrected.

How many gratuities have been silently handed out from Sheffield businesses in return for a positive review on the forum?

Answer: Loads!

--

*This bit did leap out at me though (how many of us read the T&Cs?

Users grant to us a world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence (including the right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any content (in whole or part) Users upload, post or e-mail and/or to incorporate such content in other works in any form, media or technology now known or developed.

Have received message which I think is a scam trying to recruit me to an online site, anybody else had PM like this?

I get the occasional nice pm. I also get the odd sleezy one too but sometimes i get them and they are just plain weird.

They have never met me and my profile picture could be anyone (it is me by the way) but still they know exactly what they want to do to me and how much im going to like it :rolleyes:

I get the occasional nice pm. I also get the odd sleezy one too but sometimes i get them and they are just plain weird.

They have never met me and my profile picture could be anyone (it is me by the way) but still they know exactly what they want to do to me and how much im going to like it :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just can't help it after I've had a few.

*This bit did leap out at me though (how many of us read the T&Cs?)
Nothing untoward, it's the necessary boiler plate material to relieve SF (owners') liability in respect of (poster's) copyright matters.

Don't post if you don't agree/don't wish to abide, so simple it's elementary :)

Nothing untoward, it's the necessary boiler plate material to relieve SF (owners') liability in respect of (poster's) copyright matters.

Don't post if you don't agree/don't wish to abide, so simple it's elementary :)

Just never saw it before.

Is it necessary?

Archived