Respecting other people and their property!!

Now, if I banged into someone else's car, I would apologise, even if there's no damage and the car was an old banger. In a few minor incidents recently I've had people banging into MY car and then deny it/ignore me, not bother to apologise as they haven't caused any apparent damage, say they will pay for minor damage and then not bother, drive off after bumping into it (but being spotted by a neighour :hihi: Or 'decorate' it for a 'hilarious' drunken prank:roll: Or worse, keyed it.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I believe that you should do as you would be done by. None of it is serious stuff but the world would be much nicer place if people like this were more respectful of other people's property (even if it's an old banger!).

Why are there so many ignorant people around?

Now, if I banged into someone else's car, I would apologise, even if there's no damage and the car was an old banger. In a few minor incidents recently I've had people banging into MY car and then deny it/ignore me, not bother to apologise as they haven't caused any apparent damage, say they will pay for minor damage and then not bother, drive off after bumping into it (but being spotted by a neighour :hihi: Or 'decorate' it for a 'hilarious' drunken prank:roll: Or worse, keyed it.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I believe that you should do as you would be done by. None of it is serious stuff but the world would be much nicer place if people like this were more respectful of other people's property (even if it's an old banger!).

Yes it is a bit sad sometimes how people can be so unconcerned with other people. I always think before acting about how my actions can or may impact upon opther people. But, at the same time I don't let it get me down. I just do my thing and hope others will learn by example. It's not about putting people down or getting yourself wound up.

Yes it is a bit sad sometimes how people can be so unconcerned with other people. I always think before acting about how my actions can or may impact upon opther people. But, at the same time I don't let it get me down. I just do my thing and hope others will learn by example. It's not about putting people down or getting yourself wound up.

I agree, I wouldn't say it gets me down exactly but I just find it disappointing that so many people are so ignorant. But I do believe that what goes around comes around so I'm sure all these lovely people will get the same back x3 :hihi:

I've always said to people get a Volvo because usually if anyone bashes into your Volvo estate it usually wrecks their car. They will certainly be feeling sorry when the front end of their corsa is hanging off. :hihi:

You are right some people just don't have manners even when they are in the wrong.

I think its a fear of losing your no claims bonus (cost of repairs)

Even with full no claims, insurance costs are going up and so with a claim then that cost would go up even further.

Its not about ignorance, its about the fact people's finances are stretched. For the sake of a minor dint in someones car (for example when parking up at a supermarket) are you going to be honest if it will cost you £100s extra each year for a minor mistake.

For the record I would drive off.

And before anyone asks, I have a dint in my car as a result of someone else who decided to drive off after a minor bump. I can understand why they drove off (additional cost to insurance) and I would do the same.

And before anyone asks, I have a dint in my car as a result of someone else who decided to drive off after a minor bump. I can understand why they drove off (additional cost to insurance) and I would do the same.
I take it that you'll not be expecting any sympathy, should anyone ever write your car off instead of just dinging it, and then drive off?

Good! Just so long as we understand where you're coming from :thumbsup:

'For the record', fixing a door dent with a mobile dent repairer or the like will set you back around £100-£150, sometimes much less.

'For the record' still, the last guy who played that trick on me (scraped my car's rear quarter -quite badly, as it happens- and 'legged it') ended up with over a over grand's worth of damage on his car. I trust he learned his lesson, it could have been a vastly cheaper one if he'd done the decent thing instead. Karma...needs a lil'hand sometimes :twisted::D

I think its a fear of losing your no claims bonus (cost of repairs)

Even with full no claims, insurance costs are going up and so with a claim then that cost would go up even further.

Its not about ignorance, its about the fact people's finances are stretched. For the sake of a minor dint in someones car (for example when parking up at a supermarket) are you going to be honest if it will cost you £100s extra each year for a minor mistake.

For the record I would drive off.

Why should someone else (who's financial circumstances you don't know) have to bear the cost of your mistake..?

My Dad had right of way down a narrow road near us the other day so went down. Coming the other way was a boy racer driving far too quick and my Dad had to pull to the side just to avoid him and it cracked his own wingmirror. He didn't have any paper on him and didn't know whos house the car he had nicked with his belonged too, so upon getting home reported himself to the Police. I was actually very proud of him for such a little act - not many people would do that anymore.

Within 2 months of buying my hard-worked for car, it had two giant dents in the sides where people had opened their car against mine. I just wish all people had the same decency as my Dad.

I've always said to people get a Volvo because usually if anyone bashes into your Volvo estate it usually wrecks their car. They will certainly be feeling sorry when the front end of their corsa is hanging off. :hihi:

You are right some people just don't have manners even when they are in the wrong.

Too right Bladesman. When I had my car crash , the drugged up idiot who hit me squashed my Rover 600 Between him and a Volvo S 60 . Guess what ? My car was totalled and there wasn't a single scratch on the Volvo ! . What do I drive now? You guessed it , a Volvo V 40 .

Also , my sons car was hit in his company car parking space in L A at the weekend and the kind person didn't leave any details. When he asked about the CCTV he was told there was none despite there having been a MURDER on that level a couple of years ago !!

Archived