Wedding reception venue - any ideas??

Hello

I know there are previous threads on here about this but nothing recent.

Me and my fiance are getting married next year. We have booked a church for the ceremony, however are stuck for a venue.

We are on a tight budget (as is everybody these days), therefore it won't be massive numbers - 55 day, 100 in total MAX for evening. However we would like something quirky and a bit different. We had a look at The Chimney House at Kelham Island, which was beautiful and exactly what we were looking for, but it was too small.

We would really rather not go down the hotel route. So a big room, old tudor house, anything like that would be nice.

Does anyone know anywhere which might suit us? :help:

Many thanks

SG x

Hi,

It doesn't really matter as long as it's in Sheffield (not Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, or the Peaks).

We visited the Chimney House as we knew they wouldn't charge room hire, however it was too small (only 40 seated, 70 standing). It's such a shame because it would have been perfect had it have been double the size.

I'm just looking through the Wedding Forum now, it's all a little overwhelming!

Hi,

It doesn't really matter as long as it's in Sheffield (not Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, or the Peaks).

We visited the Chimney House as we knew they wouldn't charge room hire, however it was too small (only 40 seated, 70 standing). It's such a shame because it would have been perfect had it have been double the size.

I'm just looking through the Wedding Forum now, it's all a little overwhelming!

The old school on Burton st at hillsborough is a lovely venue and nothing like a run of the mill hotel.

Archived