Wedding reception venue - any ideas??

My son had his reception at Sheffield Wednesday (You don't have to be a football fan).

They made it a fabulous day. Like you, money was very tight and we were very surprised with the prices. Not as expensive as you would think. Lovely room, fabulous food and plenty of it. Our numbers were about the same as yours. 45 for sit down meal and about 100 for evening buffet. Give them a ring.

I found out recently that this place has hosted weddings in the past:

http://www.rickettfieldfarm.co.uk/home

I think that city limits dance centre host functions too but my advice would probably be for the Wood Lane countryside centre in Stanington if you are looking for good value and flexible venues - bring your own boose etc. It would be about the right size for you too.

Probably, the catering is one of the biggest expenses for a wedding of this sort.

I had my wedding reception at Burton Street which is an old Victorian school in Hillsborough, it was lovely we had 50 people for a 3 course meal which was amazing and we got married at Christmas so it was all decorated with holly and mistletoe, I would highly recommend it, contact Angela for details on 0114 233 2908 xx

Archived