Wedding reception venue - any ideas??

We play weddings all over the area, so I've seen most of the local well known ones.

I'd suggest if you want to avoid the hotel feel, have a look at Whirlow Hall Farm perhaps, or Whirlow Grange? Maybe try Aston Hall too. Kelham Island does have a bigger room (that sounds really good for bands oddly enough, given how big it is) but that's quite expensive.

The Norton House Country Club is a very elegant place and doesnt cost a lot,my family use it a lot,we have a wedding there in June.Good luck:)

Hi, thank you for this. What is the food like at the Country Club? We'd go down the Sunday lunch route I think.

I agree with The Old Rectory at Handsworth (but then I'm biased...five months to go ;) ) Big enough but not too big. Bit different. Lovely staff (Tim is very helpful, to the point where our dog is being allowed to attend!) Good luck in your search, it is overwhelming!

Would also recommend the old Rectory Handsworth.

my daughter got married there earlier this month we hired the whole building .

she had the service , reception & evening party there.

the staff are very friendly & helpful & make you very welcome.

we had the package they sorted everything including the chair cover & table linen of our choice . table plans ,& dj for the nights entertainment.

we were very satisfied & would recommend them to anyone.

I second Wood Lane CC actually, that was our other option but in the end it was a bit too small and they had very few dates to choose from (we will be married 11 months after we got engaged). Obviously says something about the place though! The garden is very pretty.

Archived