Gas help!! Needed but no help about

I have my nvq in plumbing and im currently doin my gas safe course at bgas barnsley and no i ant gone quiet im on course nw get facts right Just leave the commenting to gas safe registered plumbers please thanks

Hope your plumbing (and future gas work) is better than your command of the English language mate.

Angel.

What he means is that he a qualified gas installer, but is not allowed to work as a gas installer, as he does not have his Gassafe certificate, enabling him to work on his own.

This can only be obtained by having sufficent 'in the feild' qualifications.

He cannot get these without an already qualified gasman accompanying him, to show he can do it.

As Yossarian said 'Thats some Catch, that Catch 22 aint it.' :hihi:

Further to Balpins post I have found this:

https://engineers.gassaferegister.co.uk/Certification.aspx

REGISTRATION

PROBATIONARY REGISTRATION

There will be a probationary period for businesses whose registration with CORGI lapsed some time ago or who are newly qualified. This will allow Gas Safe Register to monitor their approach to gas safety.

A business or engineer with good history and recent qualifications can register, but we reserve the right to place them on a probationary period.

Where we have poor or no history on the business or engineer we will apply the probationary period as a matter of course.

During the probationary period, the business must notify Gas Safe Register of all gas work they have carried out. We will carry out inspections to make sure the work has been completed to the required standards.

This process will be aligned with European legislation to accommodate competent engineers entering Great Britain and seeking to have their qualifications recognised.

CERTIFICATION

Registration with Gas Safe Register is a legal requirement for anyone carrying out gas work in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey. To register, you must hold a recognised qualification for the areas of gas work that you intend to carry out.

If you have experience in the gas industry or related fields you may be able to follow the Nationally Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS) route to registration. This will allow you to gain certificates of competence that are accepted by Gas Safe Register.

If you have no industry experience you may need to follow a more formal qualification: Scottish/National Vocational Qualification (S/NVQ) in Gas Installation and Maintenance at level 2 or 3.

For further details in S/NVQs contacts:

City and Guilds

Energy & Utility Skills

If you were formerly registered with CORGI and your qualifications are more than five years old, you are not currently able to register with Gas Safe Register. You will need to retrain in the areas of gas work you intend to carry out.

A bit off topic.

I recently wanted a new gas hob installed and bought one that fitted the hole in the worktop and did what we wanted.

The registered installer that does our gas boiler service was asked to fit it.

He refused as it overlapped by an inch each side with the overhead cupboards and according to the regs it would be an illegal installation.

Would a non registered installer know that?

Fortunately, the shop accepted a return and I got my money back.

Archived