How to put up a bird box

There should be no problem using this method, unless you're expecting albatrosses in which case you may need 3 screws rather than 2.

thanks for that matey! we do often have a heron visit the river next to us at Kelham Island so i wouldnt put it past him to visit.....

I have bought a bird box for the spring, might be a bit late for the birds to begin nesting but I am hoping to get it up on a brick wall.

only problem is I dont have a clue how to attach the wooden box to the brick wall outside on our balcony!! anyone care to share how a novice DIY would do this???

Oh dear be prepared for all the bird crap on and around your balcony :gag:

I hear that in stereo :hihi:

Funny how people miss the obvious and easy answer though isn't it. :)

Btw, i suggest a small tube of no nails, no drills needed and it will stay fixed for many years, no drills needed, just use no nails, or you could use a drill, plugs etc, though i'd go with a small tube of no nails, it's around a quid or two in Wilkinsons and you wont need a drill etc.

Archived