Do you use your smartphone to help organise yourselves?

I like Colornote for 'to do' stuff because it's not just one long list, you can make separate shopping lists & tick stuff off as you go round etc. and different items can be set to give you reminders/alarms.

I have all my contacts synced with my gmail account so that if I ever lose or break my phone, they are all backed up online. Same goes for the calendar and photos, and google documents is really good to - I keep all my recipes as documents, and when I'm out shopping if I ever need to check what ingredients I need I can have a look ;) my friend also said that they keep all their useful documents on there too - like home insurance, car stuff etc, because you can access them on any computer you log into as well as your phone.

There's a simpler way, using this technology I use called "a pen and paper".

What you do is, before going to the supermarket, use the pen to write on the paper a list of all the things you need.

When you get to the supermarket you tick off each item as you place it in your trolley, then when you've ticked off everything you go to the checkout and pay.

Seriously why do you need a smartphone to do that? Some people are obsessed with their mobiles.

There's a simpler way, using this technology I use called "a pen and paper".

What you do is, before going to the supermarket, use the pen to write on the paper a list of all the things you need.

When you get to the supermarket you tick off each item as you place it in your trolley, then when you've ticked off everything you go to the checkout and pay.

Seriously why do you need a smartphone to do that? Some people are obsessed with their mobiles.

Because if every time I thought of something I needed, I wrote it down on a scrap of paper, I'd never find them again. Instead I keep a note in my phone which I build up, then when I go shopping I have it all on me, without scrabbling around for scraps of paper. It's worked well for me.

It's also great for when you have a million little things to do because you can save them in your calender and set a reminder to go off at the appropriate time.

Unless you're a naturally, meticulously organised person, they can be very helpful.

Archived