Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

So for example, the answer to your second question would be I have verydull syndrome, which means ..... Using my diagnosis to describe my impairment. I would then go on to describe how this disables me within society and prevents me from working.

In which case - as I said earlier - why are you arguing? The assessment is specifically designed to find out how your illness or disabilities affect you, and do not focus one iota on what name they have.

What would have happened (differently to what is happening now) if job seeker`s allowance & incapacity benefit were exactly the same rate? The answer is nothing-no change, and the reason is because all of this saga is about saving money. The government certainly would not have wanted all these extra numbers adding to the unemployment figures.

There are not enough jobs for the able bodied unemployed, never mind these guys. (Over 1 million 16 to 20 year olds have never worked) Also, if you are one of those people on here that feel these disabled people should be joining the dole queue, I hope you remember that when some of them are competing for the same job that you are applying for.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=571&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=miV7SDDHpSl1gM:&imgrefurl=http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4133228/Million-youngsters-bear-brunt-of-unemployment.html&docid=TVTQyv16ZXQEkM&imgurl=http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01454/SNN1612AA--5321_1454356a.jpg&w=532&h=355&ei=LgWOT83LHofq8QPbse3ACw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=251&vpy=21&dur=328&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=181&ty=110&sig=110887616448032556664&page=4&tbnh=119&tbnw=159&start=59&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:59,i:229

What would have happened (differently to what is happening now) if job seeker`s allowance & incapacity benefit were exactly the same rate?

Well, for one thing, people would be up in arms campaigning for the sick and disabled, who are incapable of working whether they want to or not, to receive a higher benefit rate than those who could work but don't.

How many years will it take for the cost of this, to be recovered.

I'm guessing this is costing into the 10's if not hundreds of million pounds to carry out. How much will be saved per year in reduced benefit payments?

Ive been reading with some interest and I am nowhere near an expert but the example below springs to mind.

What would happen if you had an illness which effects you differently on different days, you have 1 good day, where you are more able, in 10, for example. The day you are assessed is a good day.

The assessment would suggest i am able, but on average i am not, this could be ignored without my diagnosis, i would therefore assume my diagnosis should have some impact on my ability to work.

What would happen if you had an illness which effects you differently on different days, you have 1 good day, where you are more able, in 10, for example. The day you are assessed is a good day.

The assessment would suggest i am able....

...only if you're daft enough not to discuss how your condition varies from day to day.

...only if you're daft enough not to discuss how your condition varies from day to day.

Then thats your word against theirs and surely where any knowledge of diagnosis comes into it.

Again im no expert and Im not even sure if they are many disabilities where this variance occurs and ive only ever used my asthma to get out of cross country but you can surely see my point, the assessment (without knowledge of diagnosis and symptoms) seems to subjective on the persons condition on the day and doesn’t acknowledge that symptoms can vary daily.

End of the day, we have a moral duty in society to aid the most vunerable and make sure they are supported and that is what any decent society should do.

But I object to my taxes being used by the workshy, so they can get tanked up in the daytime, or smoking canabis while I am being taxed to the eyeballs.

Yes, support then genuinely disabled and the sick. NO, to supporting the ones who have been taking the mick

But diagnosis is not relevant. It doesn't matter what the name of your disease is; what matters is how you manage in living a day-to-day life.

Contrary to what stupid Americans think, Asperger's is NOT a "disease". as there is NO cure.

My disability is for life, and no un-qualified jobsworth from ATOS or Job Centre Plus can tell me any different.

Archived