Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

plenty of people with visual impairments work , and modern assistive technology makes it all the easier , you can connect braille writers to a computer as a printer, you can have screen readers and Speech to text / text to speech software,

plenty of people with physical disabilities work what stops an amputee, a paraplegic, someone with spina bifida or even a c6 -c8/t1 tetraplegic from doing most office based jobs ...

people would l say i was lying if I told them I know a tetraplegic wheelchair salesman - but there is one out there

again it's starting to border on breaching confidentiality but i've met a paraplegic gunsmith / armourer,

my deputy head of year who was also the lead teacher for food technology/ home economics at secondary school was a paraplegic

And your still picking out individual cases. The simple fact of the matter is that the majority of those registered blind or partially sighted or paraplegic do not work. Picking out individual cases will not change this fact nor does it prove that everyone who is blind/partially sighted or paraplegic can work.

the trouble with the system ATOS is using is that they are not only using it to stop ESA the same module is used to assess the DLA part which is a benefit that you claim to help you with your disabilities and they are denying people that which pays for their mobility scooters, wheelchairs, gadgets that help people lead a sort of normal life and without DLA a lot of disabled people who do work would not be able to

I agree with another poster some of us have been here before

DIVIDE AND CONQUER

set the young against the old

set the healthy against the disabled

set the worker against the unemployed (those who have lost their jobs due to being made redundant

they then sit back and watch the sparks fly

would most people on this thread actually agree that there must be some proper review of the atos model, as it seems to ignore medical diagnosis. Zippy if I offended you in any previous posts, wasn't intended, was having a bad day

would most people on this thread actually agree that there must be some proper review of the atos model, as it seems to ignore medical diagnosis.

It's supposed to ignore medical diagnosis. Take Nimrod, who has cancer and other problems besides; anybody, health professional or not, who read his diagnosis would take it for granted that he isn't going to be able to work, but he is able to work - and actually does so.

where do you get this idea that someone pays for our electricity

hope you do not have an accident going to work

hope you do not have one while at work

hope you are not struck down with an incurable illness

hope you never have any mental problems

hope you never suffer from arthritis

oh just remembered my disabilities are all made up according to you teddybare

and have paid taxes and stamps for most of my life worked form `15 to 55 and worked with disability did not want it get worse

not my fault the pension age keeps moving

I may not always agree with zippy but he does not just come out bashing people he does make valiant points but nowadays employers are not going to pick a disabled person over a healthy person

just had a cuppa with my neighbour he has emphysema would you like that? I help him when hes bad and he helps me, its a funny thing called compassion

and as I have said before would like to go back to work

And your still picking out individual cases. The simple fact of the matter is that the majority of those registered blind or partially sighted or paraplegic do not work. Picking out individual cases will not change this fact nor does it prove that everyone who is blind/partially sighted or paraplegic can work.

Has anyone argued that everyone can? The fact that some can, and most cannot, leads to only one conclusion; that you cannot make a decision based solely on the diagnosis (partial blindness) but have to do an assessment apart from that.

one of the so called medical assessments that ATOS had done

stated in the report client no longer experiences extreme pain when walking

well he wouldn't as he had both legs amputated this is what you get when you rely on computer based programming instead of a funny thing called common sense

go and tell this client it is all in his mind

as regards the 26k cap no-one actually gets that money in their hands, go after the real culprits the greedy landlords who buy out properties to let and then set up off shore tax havens so that they do not have to pay their fair share of tax

nobody in Sheffield would get that amount and no one gets that in their hands

always remember all of you

you are all just one minute away from an accident and anyone of you could end up being disabled and no i do like it and am not looking for the label

Archived