Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

did read the article a lot more balanced reporting

the trouble with the Sun is the emotive language it uses and if people do not read beneath the headlines they will only get a one sided biased view, the Daily Mail carried the same story but did not use such emotive language even though are just as biased

thanks for an interesting post

we all know in reality that these tests are just a cost cutting exercise but cannot see how in the long run it saves money due to all the appeals

was with my friend other day she bought the Sun newspaper not one i have read since the hillsborough disaster

what was the headline?

more benefit scroungers been left on ib for ten years no mention of how many decision are overturned on appeal. what i would call very unbalanced journalism

When has the Scum, I mean "the Sun" ever been "balanced"?

Well at least some people can be exempt from an atos medical interogation. Shame that this only extends to millitary personel. My view is cancer patients should also be exempt, and anyone with a terminal illness. blind people, people who are deaf in two ears, and people with a leg missing, or an arm.

Well at least some people can be exempt from an atos medical interogation. Shame that this only extends to millitary personel. My view is cancer patients should also be exempt, and anyone with a terminal illness. blind people, people who are deaf in two ears, and people with a leg missing, or an arm.

Genuine question..does having a leg missing stop you from doing any work?

just had a terrible phonecall from my landlord informing me due to being taken off ib and ic benefit that I was about to be evicted luckily phoned housing benefit and new claim has gone through

how on earth anyone with mental problems copes I have no idea

even the housing have a backlog due to this system which is why i was nearly six weeks in arrears

When will the British public WAKE UP and smell the coffee ??? This goverment borders on the criminal. It uses its 'media tools' [The Sun and Mail] to brainwash the intellectually challenged, trying to generate hatred against the weak, the disabled, the old.

This same situation happened in the 1930's in Germany. A funny looking little guy with a moustache started singling out groups of people for 'assessment'..........

Lets be honest if you can work you should,too many have spoiled it for the genuine,thats the real crime.

where are the jobs? there aren't any! disabillity isn't a life choice! if there were load of jobs for everyone, then start picking on the disabled. Geting rid of atos would save £100 million pound a year. They got rid of a4e, now just atos to go. 0.5 percent of benefit claimants commit benefit fraud.

where are the jobs? there aren't any! disabillity isn't a life choice! if there were load of jobs for everyone, then start picking on the disabled. Geting rid of atos would save £100 million pound a year. They got rid of a4e, now just atos to go. 0.5 percent of benefit claimants commit benefit fraud.

Surely an overall lack of jobs does not make people with disabilities any more or less able to do a job? The question is could a person work and if the answer is yes then what assistance can they be given to find work. It may be harder to find work for people with certain disabilities but plenty of people with even severe disabilities can and do work.

From everything I've read ATOS are not fit for purpose, however we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater and condemn everyone with a disability to a life on benefits.

If the figure of the fraud rate being 0.5% is correct then for 500,000 people to lose their DLA because they were receiving it fraudulently there would need to be 100million people receiving the benefit.

I think it far more likely that the goalposts are being moved.

Archived