Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

dear plain talker you seem to assume (snipped for space)

sorry if l offend anyone that is not my intendion

1) show me where I have said anything directed at you?

I was commenting on the ridiculous premise of the questions asked of me on my claim form about whether I can pick up a £1 coin, or raise my hands above my head. "If I can pick up a £1 coin, then I'm fit to work..." I don't know of any job, available to anyone, that solely involves picking up a £1 coin... so what job would that fit me for? and as for "Raise my arms above my head..." well, as I said in the other post, the only job that this would suit would be as a stand-in for a schoolchild who wants to answer the teachers' questions.

2) sorry? well, you know what they say... :D it's easier to apologise, than to ask for permission!

magjam15

my sympathies are with you try not to take some peoples attitudes personally

i am glad your daughter got through okay

just wondered if andygardener declares all his earnings to the taxman

just read today's paper and here we go again now Cameron wants to get rid of the employment laws

said this from the start he is trying to get rid of the minimum wage and that has been his intention all along

he does it by the divide and conquer system as all tory governments have done

also i think you have plain talker mixed up with another poster namely andygardener

Plain Speaker l am so sorry, l got you mix up in this spat. Funny when you think back l did say l work nights and only wanted to post a good side to this tread knowing there would be a kick back from some, blame it on lack of sleep and promise of sunshine this week thanks juniee for the help there

1) show me where I have said anything directed at you?

I was commenting on the ridiculous premise of the questions asked of me on my claim form about whether I can pick up a £1 coin, or raise my hands above my head. "If I can pick up a £1 coin, then I'm fit to work..." I don't know of any job, available to anyone, that solely involves picking up a £1 coin... so what job would that fit me for? and as for "Raise my arms above my head..." well, as I said in the other post, the only job that this would suit would be as a stand-in for a schoolchild who wants to answer the teachers' questions.

Actually, if the maximum amount of mobility you have is being able to raise your hands and pick up a £1 coin, you're already well on the way to being placed in the support group.

just read today's paper and here we go again now Cameron wants to get rid of the employment laws

said this from the start he is trying to get rid of the minimum wage and that has been his intention all along

You didn't read it very well. The proposal is simply to make it easier to dismiss people who aren't any good at their job.

Which begs the question, why on earth isn't it already easy? Incompetence should be grounds for dismissal.

if you are no good at your job of course you would be sacked

you already would be

doing this just makes it easier to get rid of someone on a decent wage and get someone on the least you need to pay

think about this is what he has been trying to do from the start

in effect you would not be able to take your employer to a tribunal

yes they will because he wants to get rid off the minimum wage as the tories never wanted this in the first place

he dare not come out and say this outright

i repeat again it is a way to get rid of someone on decent wages and employ somebody on the cheapest rate that be got away with

some of us have been before twice

yes they will because he wants to get rid off the minimum wage as the tories never wanted this in the first place

he dare not come out and say this outright

Then you have no evidence to support the claim, have you?

In any event, there's a new thread about this particular new suggestion here, so I suppose we should go and have this particular argument in that thread, and save this thread for arguments about ESA.

Not being funny but the real world is where you pay for yourself. Do you think the "real world" is benefits land where everyone else works so you and your's don't have to?

Certain disabillities should be exempt, as certain ones shouldn't be classed as disabillities. I'm not a medical expert so I can not decide which. People who have mickey mouse illnesses should be taken off sick. I would say though that illnesses which are beyond doubt should be exempt. Such as cancer, a man with one leg, or an arm, or a blind man, surely it would be hard to argue that these people are not disabled.

Archived