Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

"stress", "depression", "autism" and all the other recently invented "mental illnesses". None of these so-called conditions existed before the welfare state was created.

I think that there were more assylums in victorian times, than there is now. Middlewood being one example. As I said before I'm no medical expert, but I think Freud and carl Jung, would have not been needed then if mental illness didn't exist

My feeling would be that it seems daft to give an alcoholic, or a drug addict more money to do even more damage to tthemselves. There has to be a serious argument, that these people should be the first to lose their money, not because its self inflicted, just morraly to stop them buying more to damiging things to themselves

A lot of them are increasingly being recognised as being co-morbid which is why there is often a misdiagnosis initially as one condition may present more strongly than the other. Furthermore, there are many overlaps in many.

Or alternatively...

Psychiatrists don't have a clue.

It's still a developing branch of medicine, like all of them and relatively speaking, still in its infancy.

I believe that there is no way that the mind is knowable. They may be able to develop treatments that reduce the suffering of mental patients, but there is no way that we will ever fully understand our own minds.

And back on the topic subject...

Anyone who wins a paralimpick medal will be deemed "fit for work" and stripped of their benefits. :thumbsup:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/may/21/paralympic-games-organisers-defend-atos-sponsorship?newsfeed=true

I believe that there is no way that the mind is knowable.

I strongly agree with that statement. There isn't a science or a theory of mind yet, and I don't think there's likely to be one either.

It's still an utter mystery as to what gives rise to qualia, subjective experience, self-awareness etc.

No matter how complete the reductive understanding of human neuropbiology becomes, one that is able to descibe the events observed within the structure of the nervous system, it doesn't even scratch the surface of the problem addressed by your namesake.

I believe that there is no way that the mind is knowable. They may be able to develop treatments that reduce the suffering of mental patients, but there is no way that we will ever fully understand our own minds.

And back on the topic subject...

Anyone who wins a paralimpick medal will be deemed "fit for work" and stripped of their benefits. :thumbsup:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/may/21/paralympic-games-organisers-defend-atos-sponsorship?newsfeed=true

that's probably why atos were so keen to sponsor them to find more people to take benefits off

"stress", "depression", "autism" and all the other recently invented "mental illnesses". None of these so-called conditions existed before the welfare state was created.

:loopy::rant::loopy:

So you think that because I have Asperger's, which is a form of autism, I have a "Mickey Mouse" condition?

Fancy swapping lives for a day? :loopy:

I challenge anyone who thinks I have a "made up" disability to walk a mile in my shoes, and then see how "made up" my disabilities are! :loopy::rant:

Mods, I know you don't like excessive use of the loopy but this level of ignorance EEALLY annoys me.

:loopy::rant::loopy:

So you think that because I have Asperger's, which is a form of autism, I have a "Mickey Mouse" condition?

Fancy swapping lives for a day? :loopy:

I challenge anyone who thinks I have a "made up" disability to walk a mile in my shoes, and then see how "made up" my disabilities are! :loopy::rant:

Mods, I know you don't like excessive use of the loopy but this level of ignorance EEALLY annoys me.

Id swap in a heartbeat.

Some people have it much worse. Me for example.

Archived