Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

Here's a question, then: should people who qualify to run in the Olympics (not the Paralympics, the able-bodied version) be entitled to long-term ESA for being unable to work?

Sorry forgot, I can't go to my medical, as I'm competing in the 100 metres final that day, hope ussain bolt lets me win. Get a grip of reallity!

Sorry forgot, I can't go to my medical, as I'm competing in the 100 metres final that day, hope ussain bolt lets me win. Get a grip of reallity!

What makes you think I do not have one?

What's your answer, yes or no? Or, should they be assessed like anyone else?

Are you Halibut heading North? you seem to answer every post with a question much like him ??????

wouldn't this be wasting money as the person is obviously fit for work, so there would be no point in a medical, and they should be taken off benefits straight away, though I do not really think many olympians, (paralympians excluded) are claiming disabillity benefits.

wouldn't this be wasting money as the person is obviously fit for work, so there would be no point in a medical, and they should be taken off benefits straight away, though I do not really think many olympians, (paralympians excluded) are claiming disabillity benefits.

You may be right.

On the other hand, there's a chap competing in the Olympics this summer has has had both legs amputated; so we've proven that having both legs amputated does not automatically mean you are unfit for work. How do you think the headlines would look if a man with no legs was refused incapacity benefit?

Are you Halibut heading North? you seem to answer every post with a question much like him ??????

I am not, but I have noticed that he is another poster who's more interested in getting people to think about their own position, than he is about browbeating them into accepting his own.

I'm also not Cyclone, or Bartfarst, or any of the other two dozen people I regularly get accused of being; some of them rabid right-wingers and some of them diehard communists. :D

You may be right.

On the other hand, there's a chap competing in the Olympics this summer has has had both legs amputated; so we've proven that having both legs amputated does not automatically mean you are unfit for work. How do you think the headlines would look if a man with no legs was refused incapacity benefit?

Is this in the proper olympics? as that was what I was reffering to

You may be right.

No one who competes in the special olympics should get a penny in dla.

No one who is fit enough to compete on that level can then turn round and say they are too disabled to work.

Thats benefit theft.

Archived