Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

No it isnt. Getting free money from us taxpayers just because you happen to have a deformity or disability yet at the same time competing in an event like the olympics is obscene and an insult to every honest tax payer.

It should be stopped and these people should be made to work instead of getting handouts.

Your lack of understanding is quite alarming. I am a taxpayer and I am more than happy that some of my tax goes towards helping disabled people cope with their disabilities. It's one of the few things I don't actually begrudge paying tax for.

No it isnt. Getting free money from us taxpayers just because you happen to have a deformity or disability yet at the same time competing in an event like the olympics is obscene and an insult to every honest tax payer.

It should be stopped and these people should be made to work instead of getting handouts.

DLA is not relative to whether the recipient works. You could be a millionaire and would still receive DLA if you met the criteria and applied for it.

As for making people work rather than receive 'handouts', have you got any smart ideas about what sort of work people who are severely disabled and unable to get about, dress themselves, feed themselves or similar would be able to do, bearing in mind that many people who have lifelong disabilities have already been failed very seriously by the educational system so left school with no qualifications and have since gained no relevant work experience?

If you're implying that there should be no support for people with disabilities then why not just state it out loud that you think that people should just be left to die in their home, which is what removing all support would mean for quite a sizeable proportion of people with serious disabilities? At least then we'd know your true feelings rather than some bluster about tax payers funding the profligate lifestyles of sick or disabled people.

What a nice person you are Sarah, I hope you are trolling, because, if not, you have an attitude disorder. :loopy:

What a nice person you are Sarah, I hope you are trolling, because, if not, you have an attitude disorder. :loopy:

Yes Nimrod she probably is you call them a Troll, I use the term WUM (wind up merchant), I'm afraid she wound me up yesterday & my post has subsequently been removed. Mind you I was not at all nice to her, but she obviously has no concept of disability or the effects they have on their families.

I have seen her post a few times yesterday; on differing things &, each time she is confrontational, shall not bother no more with her.:):)

Do you think that will stop her? ;)

So far, I've yet to see reasoned debate have any influence on anybody posting in this thread - either the ones at one extreme who think DLA and Incapacity should be abolished altogether, or the ones at the other extreme who claim that they are being abolished and we that we should be hanging MPs.

But regardless; expectation of failure is not a reason for not trying. Ridiculous comments cannot be allowed to go without response, in case someone out there is reading them and might not see them for what they are unless someone else is exposing them.

Archived