Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

i was on sick with blackouts for oer ten yrs saw these people last year got took of sick it said on my paper never had blackouts ect... lol yea right thats why you been paying me sick money for 10yr for blackouts and dizzy spells doubt they even check your application

and the medical was a joke aswell didnt bother appealing as i obviously could have done many many many people are going to end up being took of the sick

who actually are sick and need to be on it.

these people at atos get paid extra money to take people of sick

You've got the wrong end of the stick here. ESA is for people who can't work

through disability. It's not a question of self-worth.

Anyone who fails an assessment but who feels they can't work should send in a GL24 appeal form within a month asking for a review and stating that they want their ESA to be paid while the appeal is ongoing. Many win their review and others win their appeal if they lose the review.

totaly agree, if i was disabled the 1st thing i would want to do would be to prove i can hold a decent job down, perhap a system where jobs are measured on what you can do rather than what you cant do is the answer, if say telephone jobs were to give priority to people in wheel chairs it could work for the better for the disabled, but im sure some people will disagree

I think some people forget is that to work one has to actually get to the job.Public transport can be a nightmare, and not everyone can drive or be able to afford lessons.DLA would not cover lessons and getting around in the meantime.

Theres also the question of pain.Its hard to concentrate on a new job when one has to overcome pain and wondering whether the toilets are nearby.

So its not merely can a disabled person answer the phone, even these jobs require a manual dexterity that someone with 'stiff fingers' would find difficult.There is the pressure of course of hitting targets.

I am not saying people with disabilities shouldn't work, but every person is different and there should be no generalisations.

i was on sick with blackouts for oer ten yrs saw these people last year got took of sick it said on my paper never had blackouts ect... lol yea right thats why you been paying me sick money for 10yr for blackouts and dizzy spells doubt they even check your application

and the medical was a joke aswell didnt bother appealing as i obviously could have done many many many people are going to end up being took of the sick

who actually are sick and need to be on it.

these people at atos get paid extra money to take people of sick

You seem to sum it up nicely why some people dont deserve this payment!

totaly agree, if i was disabled the 1st thing i would want to do would be to prove i can hold a decent job down, perhap a system where jobs are measured on what you can do rather than what you cant do is the answer, if say telephone jobs were to give priority to people in wheel chairs it could work for the better for the disabled, but im sure some people will disagree

Hardly

Dangerously, all that would do is create the profile "Wheelie spaz....for telephone work", seeing the wheelchair rather than the person who may indeed be fit, able and desiring of work, and disregarding their career goals, of which they are just as entitled.

The wheelchair is a mode of transport, nothing more, nothing less. It is not the condition, and some wheelchair users are able to work, others are not. Those who do are capavle of all kinds of work, but in your post you have earmarked (perhaps inadvertantly but earmarked nontheless) them as lesser workers, for the more menial end of the labour market.

I'm sure Professor Hawking would have felt just as fulfilled processing credit card payments in some call centre.

could you please let us know how you can fake a bad heart, asthma, lung disease, terminal cancer, cerebral palsy, downs syndrome

you will always get a small percentage of cheats in any system but could you please let us all know what is the point of people being assessed and re-assed when they have incurable illnesses

awaiting your answers with great anticipation

How does asthma stop you from working? Genuine question..

How does asthma stop you from working? Genuine question..

Mild to moderate asthma doesn't (or at least shouldn't) stop someone from working, but please don't assume that everybody who has asthma has it only mildly or moderately.

Asthma does still kill approaching 2000 people a year in the UK, and people who have severe asthma may need to use a nebuliser up to 10 times a day and may need oxygen for part time or full time. These people may genuinely not be able to work and people who have brittle asthma, which is a particularly reactive type of asthma which can cause dozens of asthma attacks a day, tend to have very poor control of their asthma and that means weeks at a time unable to leave the house (or in worse cases the hospital) because of the breathing problems.

I have asthma, but it's not something that I would even think of listing as a reason why I would not be able to work (apart from if I get a cold and get bronchitis or whatever) because my asthma is very well controlled 99% of the time. I still think I'm lucky that this is the case though.

I know two people who've been recently, I've read both of their reports by the healthcare professionals, and I wish I could write the fiction they can. They are very good at twisting the truth, and I would never advise anyone to go to their medical assement alone, and if you can record it discreetly, so at least you know what was said.

could you please let us know how you can fake a bad heart, asthma, lung disease, terminal cancer, cerebral palsy, downs syndrome

you will always get a small percentage of cheats in any system but could you please let us all know what is the point of people being assessed and re-assed when they have incurable illnesses

awaiting your answers with great anticipation

again someone focusing on diagnosis and labels rather than the impact on activities of daily living and ability to work ...

as for comments about people being 'watched' from the moment they arrive, hate to break it to you boys and girls but health professionals do that with patients in all situations not just these kind of situations and will record this if it's relevant .

Archived