Best market town to visit

me and the other half have been to rotherham doncaster barnsley chesterfield mansfield boston york just for days out and find them all the same after one hour or so youve seen the lot can anyone sugest a nice place to visit

There's more to do in The City Of York than in all the other towns you've mentioned put together.

me and the other half have been to rotherham doncaster barnsley chesterfield mansfield boston york just for days out and find them all the same after one hour or so youve seen the lot can anyone sugest a nice place to visit

Barnsley and York are the same? I must have missed Barnsley Minster. Harrogate is lovely although I don't think something as common as a market would go down well there. Manchester is great for the day, as is Chester although it's a bit further. Skipton too although it's small. Lincoln is a good day out as well.

Lincoln and Newark are both nice, both have boats on river where you can go and eat but you cannot have seen all York has to offer in an hour. There's the railway museum for one and the castle museum for another. Strangely one of the best places I found for attractions was Hull, as well as The Deep they have the quirkiest and best little museum I have come across including an old stagecoach which gives you the feeling of what it would have been like to ride in when it was in service in Victorian times

Archived