Stupidity of some people using pets as breeding machines

Just a bit of a rant just had to get it off my chest.Why oh why do some people have animals just to make money by them being in pup all the time.Just another money making scheme with no consideration for the animal in question,this really makes my blood boil.I have bitches of my own and would not dream letting them have continuos amount of babies so i could make money.Some folk are dead ignorant when it comes to animals,some can barely even look after themselves never mind an animal.I feel desperatly sorry for the animals that have to go through this torture.Rant over:) x

And they also breed from the first season. They don't realise that fertility doesn't mean that the bitch is ready to breed; some 9 year old girls are fertile but it doesn't mean they're physically or mentally ready to have a baby. Yet another reason to make dog licenses compulsory, though theres no real way to police it. Maybe tougher jail sentences for animal abuse (which is what this is) is the way forward?

Don't. Get. Me. Started!

There has to be some kind of law passed to protect animals in this situation. Breeding for cash is just shameful...

Maybe tougher jail sentences for animal abuse (which is what this is) is the way forward?

More power to the authorities to act. If they took a harsh stance just a few times across the UK, it might make others think twice...

What gets me the bitch had problems last time and nearly died,shame on them for trying to breed from her again.I would buy a dog license gladly,but since its abolition people say if we brought it back people would just abandon their dogs and the shelters would be full.

What gets me the bitch had problems last time and nearly died,shame on them for trying to breed from her again.I would buy a dog license gladly,but since its abolition people say if we brought it back people would just abandon their dogs and the shelters would be full.

I know one family who bought a staffie just for the sole purpose of using her as a cash cow .They mated her but it went wrong and she had to have everything taken away .I must admit I felt sorry for the dog having to go through that but was pleased they couldn`t do it again now they are selling fish and birds its just one money making scheme after another ,I hate ppl like that but they do exsist.

Its been going on forever and unfortunately will continue to do so, breeding licenses is the only way to go but would be hard to police and more dogs would end up in the pound and more backstreet breeders would start up. Its a no win situation for the poor beautiful animals :(

Archived