Stupidity of some people using pets as breeding machines

To be honest blame the people willing to pay hundreds of pounds for pedigree dogs without considering breeding conditions! If people weren't paying no-one would be doing it for money!

Its the consumers fault, the same as with all evil farming practices. If you don't buy it they have no reason to sell it!

To be honest blame the people willing to pay hundreds of pounds for pedigree dogs without considering breeding conditions! If people weren't paying no-one would be doing it for money!

Its the consumers fault, the same as with all evil farming practices. If you don't buy it they have no reason to sell it!

I agree but large numbers of farmed puppies are shipped from Ireland to the UK and the USA to smaller concerns. How would you know, and to be honest how many give a damn if the dog can be obtained at a lower price than a legitimate breeder will charge?

People need to be made aware of the problems and aware of what to look out for.

People shouldnt buy a puppy from these conditions, as harsh as it sounds for the individual puppy whos fate would be unthinkable probably if not sold but it would be the only way to stop this from happening.

To the Op---do you know my neighbours??? lol

We have this type of folk living next door, i call it (The Hotel for Dogs) never worked a day in their lives the back garden is just a dog's toilet. The bitch spits out a couple of litters every year while the Jemery Kyle candidates sit on their backsides claiming benefits....

As stated above, i blame the numpties buying from this type of folk tbh

I met a guy walking in the park the other day who had a gorgeous little puppy. It was a pug/jack russell cross, which is fair enough. He wanted a pet and so he had gone to a 'dog breeder' to get one.

I waited until the guy had gone before seething over the 'breeder'.

Aparently, she was a 'designer dog' breeder and had cockapoos, labradoodles, jugs, etc.

So that is Labradores, cocker spaniels, jack russels, pugs and who knows what else being bred as 'designer dogs' and being sold unsuspecting people!

Poor dogs.

Poor customers.

To the Op---do you know my neighbours??? lol

We have this type of folk living next door, i call it (The Hotel for Dogs) never worked a day in their lives the back garden is just a dog's toilet. The bitch spits out a couple of litters every year while the Jemery Kyle candidates sit of their backsides claiming benefits....

As stated above, i blame the numpties buying from this type of folk

That description just about sums it up and is very accurate.:)

I met a guy walking in the park the other day who had a gorgeous little puppy. It was a pug/jack russell cross, which is fair enough. He wanted a pet and so he had gone to a 'dog breeder' to get one.

I waited until the guy had gone before seething over the 'breeder'.

Aparently, she was a 'designer dog' breeder and had cockapoos, labradoodles, jugs, etc.

So that is Labradores, cocker spaniels, jack russels, pugs and who knows what else being bred as 'designer dogs' and being sold unsuspecting people!

Poor dogs.

Poor customers.

If people want to spend silly amounts of money on cross breeds more fool them and as said earlier, the market is only there because of them. The public aren't so unsuspecting most are well aware they're buying fads, conditions and suffering are not part of the equation are they.

I know a lot of people hate the kennel club but there's a reason why you can't get a KC registered cockapoo or 'jug'. every labradoodle i have groomed has been a bugger for shedding hair - much to the disappointment of the owner who will say "the breeder said it wouldn't moult", who paid about £1000 for this dog. It's such a shame that they are so mislead.

We have this type of folk living next door, i call it (The Hotel for Dogs) never worked a day in their lives the back garden is just a dog's toilet. The bitch spits out a couple of litters every year while the Jemery Kyle candidates sit on their backsides claiming benefits....

I wonder if having to pay tax on income from breeding would work? Either report them to the RSPCA or jobcentre, as they'll be earning more than they're entitled to :)

Archived