Yorkshire Water Disgrace

Hi Darth.

I'm going to sink a latrine into my back garden tomorrow. Would you come and empty it please. I'll give you £700 to take my poo away for a year, as long as you bring me unlimited drinking and washing water too.

Cheers:)

So, you think the one of the biggest increases in the country is fair? Has the cost of precipitation gone up that much this year?

Guest sibon
So, you think the one of the biggest increases in the country is fair? Has the cost of precipitation gone up that much this year?

No. I'm just pointing out that the water companies do an awful lot for your quality of life for a few hundred quid a year.

There are other companies that rip you off for more and do less for you.

Depending on how many in the household a water meter is the way forward.

I was paying somewhere around the £500 mark with Yorkshire Water last year.

This year Welsh Water tell me about £450......

Now installed a meter and they tell me it should be about £200 for the year.

I've seen too many families too afraid to flush the toilet, and share bath water - it's put me off the idea of meters. Charging families based on their consumption of water is a quick way to the diseases we saw in the dark ages, in my opinion.

I've seen too many families too afraid to flush the toilet, and share bath water - it's put me off the idea of meters. Charging families based on their consumption of water is a quick way to the diseases we saw in the dark ages, in my opinion.

For me it was an easy way to save loads of money.

No. I'm just pointing out that the water companies do an awful lot for your quality of life for a few hundred quid a year.

There are other companies that rip you off for more and do less for you.

In your opinion, which other companies rip us off more than Yorkshire Water? And do we have absolutely no choice of provider for these services you are thinking of?

I guess my situation is different to a family. I live alone.

However, even a family can benefit from a meter.

The problem is that people want "all mod cons" that use water.

A dishwasher for example uses a huge amount of water compared to the kitchen sink. It's just laziness to use one.

A power shower uses much more than an ordinary shower.

Using a hose pipe to water the garden, when you can collect rain water for free.

There's lot's of things you can do to reduce consumption.

I do flush the loo every time btw.

Guest sibon
I think, if you're on your own, or have no children, it's probably a no-brainer, as you say, but I do disagree with the principle of paying per 'unit' of water.

Why so? It is a vital supply, certainly. When you think of the alternative, the supply is really cheap.

If you don't like the fixed price, just pay for what you use.

Archived