What is 5 + 3 * 0?

There is nothing difficult to understand if you had ever done basic mathematics. The only part of the question which returns 0 is the 3 x 0 bit. Once you've got your head round that part then you add the 5 giving the overall answer as 5.

But then, that means the 10 year old got it wrong, and Noel Edmunds said it was correct, and so he got it wrong to, and porbably he has the answer somewhere (given him by the producers, who had it wrong too).

I bet all the other 10 years had the correct answers (they're pretty smart kids) and were thinking, oh no, "that's all just wrong, better keep quiet about it though".

There is nothing difficult to understand if you had ever done basic mathematics. The only part of the question which returns 0 is the 3 x 0 bit. Once you've got your head round that part then you add the 5 giving the overall answer as 5.

Got O level matey:D and that was when they were worth paper they were written on and diploma in business arithmetic

But then, that means the 10 year old got it wrong, and Noel Edmunds said it was correct, and do he got it wrong to, and porbably he has the answer somewhere (given him by the producers, who had it wrong too).

I bet all the other 10 years had the correct answers (they're pretty smart kids) and were thinking, oh no, "that's all just wrong, better keep quiet about it though".

I give in- what do I know? You are clearly not interested in my reasoning:help:

So if you buy summat at £2 and summat at £3 and you do this 4 times it's £14? Don't think so!:suspect:

2 + 3 × 4 using your analogy would be buying 1 thing at £2 and 3 at £4 giving a total of £14.

That's if you use mathematics and not Denlin notation.

Archived