Good kick boxing gyms?

Mz_BaBe

Originally posted by Mz_BaBe

I think its different but whats it like there anyway?

There are a few recent threads on this forum discussing just that, which might be of some help to you!

However - the gym doesn't open until 10am earliest - for private lessons, which run throughout the day by prior booking. Class lessons don't start until 5.30pm for the juniors. And the gym most definately isn't a 'second job' for the Head Honcho :smile:

Mz babe

where did you do kickboxing before?

as well as http://www.sheffieldkickboxing.com

club hallam which is mainly a student building have a fully equipped gym on 2 sites on near ecclesall and one centrally (near the bus station)

they also have kickboxing classes at differeing levels every week

ring up on

0114-2252449

i think its called sport hallam

Quote Crayfish " AFK are very good, the thai boxing gym near hyde park is also good"

What???

Are you out of your mind crayfish? only "very good" :P

Hey Crayfish when are you next down? ill make an effort to intorduce myself.

hey have you kiced farhads head in yet?

crayfish

one way to get farhad wound up in training.

tell him "come on old man" johnny used to do that (johhny the thai we call im , he trained and fought in thailand)

amjed the cage fight guy winds farhad up about stamina and says " if you can only do 4 rounds i understand"

LOL

Try any of them or diss his driving :P

Hi there,

Regarding your request for any good kick-boxing gyms, I would highly recommend Farhad Ali's AFK club (website see above in all the other recommendations). I must admit I don't know any other gyms around, but this is simply because I am so happy with AFK.

Everyone there is friendly, the atmosphere is really great, and don't be afraid to go there on your own, they'l make you feel quite welcome. And it doesn't matter if you've got any previous KB experience or not, and nobody pushes you towards fighting for real. They're very supportive and positive!

Not only will you be taught kick-boxing techniques, but also self-defence stuff and the employment of elbows and knees. It's really a crossover school, hence the name AFK: Ali Freestyle Kickboxing.

There are several different classes to choose from: beginners, women only, advanced. And there are also two different gyms. One is in Wellington Street next to Wellington Boxing Gym (not far from the Devonshire Cat and the Frog & Parrot), the other is in Broomgrove Road, I believe (I've never been there myself).

A class under Farhad is 4 pounds, under Mark (on Thursdays during term time in Wellington Street) it's 3 pounds. And you won't be there for merely an hour, I can tell you that. So, it's not really expensive, I think. And you'll get more out of that than kickboxing and all that stuff. If you take it seriously, you will want to get fit. And apart from that, you can meet so many nice people there.

Come on and give it a try, if the club's not for you, you can always look around later. Best bet would be Mondays from 8.30 pm (if you're a beginner), Thursdays from 8.30 pm, or Fridays from 7 pm (all in Wellington Street gym).

I hope this will convince you to come along (if you haven't done so yet).

Best regards

Charles

Archived