Singing Lady about to be deported

Well said.

I'll also add that it would just be the same for us if we visited the US and our work permits expired: they'd have us, regardless of how nice or entertaining we are, packing like a shot.

What about if we sung real loud and got noticed by people on the local forum ?

Serious question guys and girls. Does anyone who supports deporting this person, who has taught many of our kids, who may have entertained or I'll admit annoyed some with her singing, honestly think the UK will be a better place as a result?

Chuck a terrorist like abu Qatada off the dock at Dover and you have an instantly better UK. A known terrorist (not proven terrorist but known terrorist for the armchair lawyers out there..in Afghanistan we shoot known terrorists in the face, or drop bombs on their 4x4s.. it's all legal..why we protect them because they happen to be here who knows)

But Gwen, she didn't disappear into the grey or black economy. She isn't a terrorist. She isn't a murderer. She's a teacher. Is that the sort of person we want to deport first? When we say we want controlled immigration do we mean we want our government to protect us by all means needed from foreign criminals and terrorists or do we mean we want them all to stay here and the department responsible to hit easy targets who don't hide and who are integrated into our society?

What keeps your family safe people? Target people like Gwen? I don't think so.

Personally I don't think there is a case for prioritising who can or should be deported, all those found out to be here illegally should be deported without exception after all other avenues have failed, but that can only only be done as the cases happen. Of course foreign criminals should be deported too, but that doesn't mean giving an amnesty to other illegals.

i agree!!!

Please take the time to sit & read the other posts before passing comment........

I happen to know Hayles & Sam very well, we have known each other several years.

Gwen DOES NOT Claim Benefits, DOES NOT Scrounge from the System She is a wonderful woman (albeit a little eccentric, but that's how things are in Jamaica)

She has been living with & has been supported by her Son & Daughter In Law, & helps them out by helping with their 2 young Children allowing BOTH parents to go to work.

If she is allowed to stay I have no doubt whatsoever that she will be applying for jobs ASAP to make sure that she is not 'scrounging from the system' But instead paying plenty of Tax & NI to ensure that the British born layabouts that don't work & seem to thing that the country owes them a living can stay well up in their weed, booze, fags & cars etc........ (we seem to forget about them ones don't we........)

I have to ask why people feel the need to jump on a bandwaggon & try to be so opinionated with such little information.

PLEASE Sign the petition to keep Gwen here, she is a much loved member of the community & a fantastic Mum & Nanna

I understand what your saying but its not over until it's over, if it was your fam ion through it wouldn't you fight to the end?

The lady in question certainly has a right to fight until the end, no dispute with that at all.

But - it matters not that she is a good person, a good teacher, has lived in the community or any other "excuse" that can be thought up. If the law of the land has been upheld in a fair manner and all avenue's of appeal have been heard and rejected, then very sadly she has to go. It really is as simple as that IMHO.

Angel.

Well if her visa has run out and she is not getting any benefits then she must have been unlawfully working because she cannot work legally without a current visa.If she has a legal right to stay here then that's fine but if she has no legal right to be here then deport her.

The only issue here is whether or not she has a legal right to be here and if she has no legal right to be here but is allowed to stay then should everybody who has no legal right to be here also be allowed to stay. We cannot treat her different to any other illegal. I enjoyed listening to her but the law is the law.

Well if her visa has run out and she is not getting any benefits then she must have been unlawfully working because she cannot work legally without a current visa.If she has a legal right to stay here then that's fine but if she has no legal right to be here then deport her.

Billo, PLEASE read all posts it's starting to frustrate me now (& people wonder why Hayles & other started to get riled!!) ......... she has been financially supported & Housed by her Son & Daughter in Law........ she has been doing volunteer work with her Church (which isn't Illegal).

I don't care if she is religious.

She sings in a joyous voice and has perked me up many a time when other people (probably some of those who have responded above) have been really miserable and brough my mood down with them.

I think there needs to be more people like her in Sheffield. :thumbsup:

Totally agree with you.

Archived