Singing Lady about to be deported

That is not true I'm her daughter in law she's been living with me until they took her from us, I have been supporting her along with my husband who's her son of course!!

I hope she is back with you soon Hales.

I have spoken to Gwen often in Town and found her to be good company although she is no Roberta Flack that's for sure.

That is not true I'm her daughter in law she's been living with me until they took her from us, I have been supporting her along with my husband who's her son of course!!

I hope she is soon back with her family. My daughter remembers her as a teacher and I have always found her singing and sunny disposition a real tonic. You are all in my prayers.

Why u so angry you've spent no money in her no one has except her family n it's our choice if we want to spend that

Sadly Hayley some people love to hate.

"I'm subsidising her!!!", no you're not, she does not claim benefits.

"She snuck in!!", no we invited her.

"The law must apply to all!!!", well it doesn't to terrorists, rapists and murderers who use the human rights act to stay here, should we prioritise teachers as a target?

Great news about the review just a crying shame she's still locked up in a cell.

Sadly Hayley some people love to hate.

"I'm subsidising her!!!", no you're not, she does not claim benefits.

"She snuck in!!", no we invited her.

"The law must apply to all!!!", well it doesn't to terrorists, rapists and murderers who use the human rights act to stay here, should we prioritise teachers as a target?

Great news about the review just a crying shame she's still locked up in a cell.

O she's not in a cell andy she's in a building where she's obviously not free to leave but she's been well taken care of, all these haters obviously don't know karmas a bitch n it bites twice as hard lol

If she was granted her stay she would have to start from scratch!! She'd have to get a job and work her way up from there, she's wanting to support herself and her family, of she was to go back to Jamaica she won't be able to work as she's reached their retirement age so we would have to support her from there which would be way more expensive, the way the home office is acting whether she can come and visit is most likely not an option!!!

So therefore it would be better financially for you and your husband if your mother in law was allowed to stop in this country? At least that way she might become financially independant from yourselves? That certainly has to be a very good reason for you to want this lady to be able to stop here. I wouldn't like to have to be financially responsible for my in-laws either.

I do feel sympathetic towards your cause but at the same time the laws of the land have to be adhered to. I assume that your mother in law knew what she was doing when she took advantage of the scheme on offer to her at that particular time. It was never meant to be a permanant thing and she must have known that. It provided her with an opportunity of which she took advantage but she must have realised that when it ended she would be required to leave the country.

I admit to being ignorant of how things work in Jamaica but I can understand your anxiety in maybe having to provide for your mother in laws keep if she goes back there. You aren't in a very good place right now but I don't think thats a good enough reason to provide permanant leave for your mother in law to stop in the country.

There are be many many people who would like to bring their families to this country in order to make their lives better and I can understand that. At the end of the day though, this country is a small island and can only accomodate so many people before it sinks into oblivion. Financially the country is rock bottom broke so to keep providing for an ever flowing immigration population is getting to be seriously impossible.

If your mother in law is too old to work in Jamaica then I suppose she might be too old to work in this country as well. Regardless, she won't ever be able to pay enough into the system in order to qualify for a state pension so she would be reliant on benefits. Maybe you and your husband would be prepared to pay for her keep but what would happen if you became unemployed?

It isn't nice to face up to facts but the facts are that if everybody in your position was granted your wishes the mess that is currently called "Great Britain" would degenerate into even a worse mess then it's allready in.

We simply can't afford to deviate from the rules and that's a fact.

If we could "cherry pick" the people that we want to live on this beautiful island then it would be a wonderful thing, but that will never happen. If we could "swap" jamaican criminals who are languishing in our prisons for the likes of Gwen, then that would also make sense, but that won't ever happen either.

In an ideal world.................but unfortunately we don't live in such a place.

I do wish you and your family the very best but I also have to say that I support our legal system in saying that Gwen isn't entitled to live here despite her being a lovely lady. Sorry.

:)

Kick out terrorists? YES! Kick out serious criminals? YES!

This lady has made me smile when I|'ve seen her outside boots on my lunch break. She has worked just as hard as any British person, for the last seven years, not sponged, she has earned the right to stay here in my humble little opinion.

Calm or unflinching in face of trouble, defeat, or loss. May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. If you can read this then thank a teacher. If you can read this in English then thank a soldier!.

Archived