Fact or fiction??

px200

Remember the weekend think it was last match of 1976/1977 season. We left the Big Tree on the Friday Afternoon in one of the five mini buses all in fancy dress (I was in the delapidated Beauchief Hire one hired by Gus rather than one of the other 4 good Smith Self drive ones). Got to Weston Super Mare Friday evening slept in the van overnight and returned there Saturday night when the monkey was released not sure from where though. Another night in the Van then back to the Big Tree for Sunday lunch session

Remember the weekend think it was last match of 1976/1977 season. We left the Big Tree on the Friday Afternoon in one of the five mini buses all in fancy dress (I was in the delapidated Beauchief Hire one hired by Gus rather than one of the other 4 good Smith Self drive ones). Got to Weston Super Mare Friday evening slept in the van overnight and returned there Saturday night when the monkey was released not sure from where though. Another night in the Van then back to the Big Tree for Sunday lunch session

Was that Gus Byewater ?

The monkey is now managing Wednesday.

i heard a story that in the 70's a coach full of blades visited western supermare zoo on a weekend away (playing bristol city) they kidnapped a monkey put on it a blades shirt and took it on a pub crawl..then phoned the coppers and told them the monkey was in a phone box and it was picked up and taken back to the zoo..........did this really happen?

yes, it really did happen....................................what a weekend that was!

i heard a story that in the 70's a coach full of blades visited western supermare zoo on a weekend away (playing bristol city) they kidnapped a monkey put on it a blades shirt and took it on a pub crawl..then phoned the coppers and told them the monkey was in a phone box and it was picked up and taken back to the zoo..........did this really happen?

This kind of stuff really disgusts me....... I mean allright, use a monkey for medical testing, make it smoke 50 cigs a day, subject it to various forms of mistreatment.

But making it wear a United shirt, now that's going too far down the cruelty path. I hope the Animal Rights activists get their revenge, even if it is years too late for the poor monkey, who was no doubt mentally scarred for life, and probably ended up selling Big Monkey Issue magazines & supporting Leeds, (or Charlton) :thumbsup:

Archived