London rioting scum

A couple of things about this animal puzzle me.

For a start, his semi-bent brief will have no chance of claiming the usual 'he was on his way to bible class and got caught up in the trouble'. He, like millions of similarly-thick people, just can't help posting about what tossers they are on WasteOfSpaceBook.

And, having seen lots of CCTV of the riots, how have the police managed to identify so many? They all look the same and, when the police did investigations in the rat-holes these people live in, I doubt if they'll have got any assistance.

A couple of things about this animal puzzle me.

For a start, his semi-bent brief will have no chance of claiming the usual 'he was on his way to bible class and got caught up in the trouble'. He, like millions of similarly-thick people, just can't help posting about what tossers they are on WasteOfSpaceBook.

And, having seen lots of CCTV of the riots, how have the police managed to identify so many? They all look the same and, when the police did investigations in the rat-holes these people live in, I doubt if they'll have got any assistance.

The CCTV image of the man responsible as shown on the news last night was very clear, therefore the police would have had no difficulty in identifying him.

For the thousands of single punches thrown every year in this country, I would guess that only a tiny handful, if that, result in death. It would be impossible to prove that he meant to kill him with one punch. I very much doubt if he did mean to kill him. Manslaughter is the best hope and the maximum term allowed.

Murder is only murder if it can be proven that the perpetrator intended to kill the victim. If that cannot be proven, but the identity of the attacker is proven then it's manslaughter, no matter what the other factors may be.

I recognise that the poor victim was still a victim, but he could have met his end by being hit by a piece of falling masonry from an old building, or by tripping up the kerb and hitting his head on street furniture, neither of which would have been anyone else's fault and he'd have been just as dead. When someone dies there is not necessarily someone else to blame, and even when someone else is to blame for some of the circumstances of their death it cannot be automatically assumed that the same person is either to blame for every one of the circumstances or intended the outcome.

EDIT- moreover, no matter what crime the person who hit him is convicted of, nothing will bring about 'true justice' because the victim will still be dead and his family will still be missing him and grieving for him. I'm sure that they would rather not have lost him than be discussing whether someone else should be convicted of murder or manslaughter.

A friend's father was knocked off his bike and killed by a drunk driver a couple of years ago and I'm really not sure that any penalty, even the death penalty if it was available, would compensate our friend for the loss of her father. At some point the law does have to separate the loss from the penalty.

It is not surprising that there is not as big an outcry about this as there was when Ian Tomlinson died.

Mark Duggan, the man who was shot and who's shooting was said to spark the rioting last year. Ian Tomlinson and Richard Mannington Bowes were both victims during the riots, Ian Tomlinson had a heart attack after being knocked to the ground by a policeman & Richard Mannington Bowes was knocked to the ground and fatally banged his head on the ground after he put out a fire in the riot.

I wonder if people expect more from the police, and that's why there was more public attention paid to the death of Ian Tomlinson than to Richard Mannington Bowes.

Mark Duggan, the man who was shot and who's shooting was said to spark the rioting last year. Ian Tomlinson and Richard Mannington Bowes were both victims during the riots, Ian Tomlinson had a heart attack after being knocked to the ground by a policeman & Richard Mannington Bowes was knocked to the ground and fatally banged his head on the ground after he put out a fire in the riot.

I wonder if people expect more from the police, and that's why there was more public attention paid to the death of Ian Tomlinson than to Richard Mannington Bowes.

Ian Tomlinson was pushed

Richard Bowes was punched

Archived