Israel tests new bunker buster

Right now Parchin is looking like an explosive testing site. See here; http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/u-s-nuclear-expert-uses-satellite-image-to-identify-iran-explosive-site-at-parchin-1.418622?localLinksEnabled=false - hardly conducive to medical research, sure you'll agree.[/Quote]

Yeah, hardly conducive to medical research, but not illegal as you claim.

And ISNA reported recently Iran will be giving IAEA inspectors access to Parchin (again).

And Natanz, uranium enrichment site - where enrichment levels are believed to be much higher than is neccessary for what they "say" they're doing.

Again how is it illegal? Iran has declared it's nuclear facilities to IAEA (including Natanz), hell in its February 2012 report the IAEA confirmed again, that there was no diversion of nuclear material from these facilities. So it stands to ask, what is illegal about it?

It looks a few of the sites may well be 'innocent', but merely a cover up for the above.

What cover-up, I'm going to qualify this EVEN if Iran has looked into researching nuclear weapons, this isn't illegal. There is nothing stopping Iran from keeping open the option to develop nuclear weapons… but as of yet there is no evidence that Iran has built a nuclear weapon, or that Iran has any intention to.

Keeping the possibility of developing nuclear weapons ≠ intent to or has done.

Case in point http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/israel-iran-still-mulling-whether-to-build-nuclear-bomb-1.407866

If as the Israelis suspect, Iran has intent for military uses of their nuclear programme, then an air strike would only give them more resolution and determination to pull out of NPT and make it.

You mention illegal sites, could you tell me would bombing Iran be illegal under international law?

And Natanz, uranium enrichment site - where enrichment levels are believed to be much higher than is neccessary for what they "say" they're doing.

You missed the quotes around believed, another case of crooked thinking.

Surely the point of a bunker buster is to successfully explode only after penetrating the hardening, this video demonstrates nothing except that a large chunk of tungsten travelling at speed will go through several walls of concrete, hardly earth shattering news. The difficult bit is triggering it at the correct point (and not having had the trigger mashed by the acceleration).

I was expecting to see some deformation of the concrete as well, they didn't shake, wobble or flex at all, were they really hardened concrete?

Surely the point of a bunker buster is to successfully explode only after penetrating the hardening, this video demonstrates nothing except that a large chunk of tungsten travelling at speed will go through several walls of concrete, hardly earth shattering news. The difficult bit is triggering it at the correct point (and not having had the trigger mashed by the acceleration).

I was expecting to see some deformation of the concrete as well, they didn't shake, wobble or flex at all, were they really hardened concrete?

Interesting point (and thanks for posting on topic)

I can't honestly say - just assume they wouldn't lie when they say they used reinforced concrete. Will look for more info.

Archived