Why are conservative Christians in USA against legalising cannabis?

"Why are conservative Christians in USA against legalising cannabis?"

This isn't a jab at Christianity.

So it's a jab at Conservatives?

Funny you only mention the word "conservative" once in your post but you mention "Christian" or "Christianity 5 times.

You say that you have "heard it said many times with no explanation as to why,"

My question is.....

Why not ask the people you have heard state what you have heard, or....

Is this thread nothing to do with Christians, if this is so, then why not ask....

What do Conservatives in another country have against legalising cannabis?

Wow, nice reacting there!

It's not a jab at ANYONE, it's a question.

I HAVE asked these people, but just get a response similar to Harley's (ie, everyone's entitled to an opinion, they're just against it because they are, etc.)

The reason I included the word Christian is because they specifically use the word themselves to back up why they are against legalisation of cannabis. All I'm asking is how does being a Christian make you against legalisation of cannabis?

Wow, nice reacting there!

It's not a jab at ANYONE, it's a question.

I HAVE asked these people, but just get a response similar to Harley's (ie, everyone's entitled to an opinion, they're just against it because they are, etc.)

The reason I included the word Christian is because they specifically use the word themselves to back up why they are against legalisation of cannabis. All I'm asking is how does being a Christian make you against legalisation of cannabis?

Are all Christians against it?

Are all Christians against it?
All christians aren't for or against anything. They are as diverse as atheists, jews, hindus, buddhists, muslims, or sherpas. Personally, I have never seen the need to smoke pot, or any other drug. But if you're weak enough to have to have it, then good luck to you. I smoked for over fifty years cos that's what Bogart did, got emphysema and throat cancer, and stopped ten years ago. Now I can look with pity at those who are still standing out there in the freezing winter, getting frostbite for that very expensive drag, knowing how hard it can be stopping.

All christians aren't for or against anything. They are as diverse as atheists, jews, hindus, buddhists, muslims, or sherpas. Personally, I have never seen the need to smoke pot, or any other drug. But if you're weak enough to have to have it, then good luck to you. I smoked for over fifty years cos that's what Bogart did, got emphysema and throat cancer, and stopped ten years ago. Now I can look with pity at those who are still standing out there in the freezing winter, getting frostbite for that very expensive drag, knowing how hard it can be stopping.

Roughly the same story as me, only mine was lung cancer. My friends have witnessed what I went/am going thru' and still smoke.

Weed also causes mental problems, the users know it but still 'dabble'. I stopped smoking easily, cancer scares you into it, plus for a long while after lung removal, you dare not cough, it hurts too much. Saying no to tobacco or drugs is common sense, nothing to do with religion.

All christians aren't for or against anything. They are as diverse as atheists, jews, hindus, buddhists, muslims, or sherpas. Personally, I have never seen the need to smoke pot, or any other drug. But if you're weak enough to have to have it, then good luck to you.

I smoked for over fifty years cos that's what Bogart did, got emphysema and throat cancer, and stopped ten years ago. Now I can look with pity at those who are still standing out there in the freezing winter, getting frostbite for that very expensive drag, knowing how hard it can be stopping.

:confused:

Maybe I've stayed up too late. I don't understand this.

Since most of my latest posts were removed earlier, I'm starting to doubt myself. Are you being sarcastic?

:confused:

Maybe I've stayed up too late. I don't understand this.

Since most of my latest posts were removed earlier, I'm starting to doubt myself. Are you being sarcastic?

I thought about it afterwards, realizing that tobacco is a drug of course. But it was never illegal. There was no intent at sarcasm on my part. I sought only to take religion out of the argument.

I thought about it afterwards, realizing that tobacco is a drug of course. But it was never illegal. There was no intent at sarcasm on my part. I sought only to take religion out of the argument.

Why try and do that? The point of this thread is to determine WHY some people site their religion as a reason to be against legalisation!

Archived